Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

OK, so it's not JEM/UV, Ibanez or even vaguely guitar/music-related... but this is the off-topic area, so...

...Does anyone know if the latest release of MSFS, titled Flight Simulator X, will be available on Windows XP?

It's going to be released later this year, alongside the new Windows Vista. I have a machine that I got at the beginning of last year and it runs XP, so I would imagine that it will run on XP, but amidst all the talk about FSX, I haven't heard anything about XP compatability. Perhaps some of the computery people here could shed some light?

The screenshots look absolutely stunning. I curently run FS2002 and it looks such an improvement... and I thought 2002 had amazing graphics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:24 PM

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Hi,

dont worry, it will be compatible!
Why should Micro$oft release a product only a few could use,
since you need a nasa-machine for vista...

Flo
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Yea, bassically what everyone will say^^

It's a buisness, buisnesses want to make as much money as possible, so they want to sell the game to millions not just a couple thousand that got Vista the first day it came out

My 2 cents anways...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, fair point. It's just that everyone keeps on banging on about this new Windows Vista in relation to FSX but there's been no mention of compatability.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it's release, like I say it the new features and the graphics look very impressive.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 01:16 PM

It's like the 360 and the PS2 still out, games are still made for PS2 even though a better system is out, and some games are for both systems to.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 AM

Anybody got screen shots of it? Is it more realistic than 2004? I'd instantly fall in love with that game if they had flight delays [so you'd have to circle around the airport for awhile until clearance], actual pushbacks, and the passenger gate actually move in and out, doors would open, emergency landings and what not. It'd be even cool if you could step out of the plane and explore on foot as a pilot [as well as do other maintenaince stuff]. The idea of real voice commands to the control tower and ground crew [using a microphone]. Lord, I have a plethora of ideas....

On another similar note, they should make a cruise ship simulator. How cool would that be?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:35 AM

but that might would be boring too......crusing across nothing but a blue screen on ur mointor for 2 days.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode