Moderators - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Moderators

"You have been removed from the discussion".

I have seen this on other forums, didn't think I would see it here. You have the powers to delete parts of any post, you can send PMs telling every user what you think is too much. Removing users from any discussion is close to a last resort before ban from the forum. I expect some kind of notification and explanation as to why I have been removed from a discussion.

Also would like to add. If you can't tolerate different views you should not be visiting international forums. You decide which threads you read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:06 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: Moderators

Don't complain about the moderators too much Euphor.

You might get deleted from this discussion.

PS - If you don't mind me asking, did this actually happen to you, and do you think there was a reason they deleted you from the discussion?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Guys, read THIS document before going any further with this thread.

In particular...

Quote:
"Public questioning or complaints about jemsite, forum software, word filters, the forum admin/moderators and/or their actions"
is listed as prohibited content.

This sort of thing is best taken to PM and not discussed in the chat forum. thanks for your co-operation.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:45 AM

Oops, haven't seen that one.

Sorry about that, my bad.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 AM

Most people who post here seem to be glad this isn't ran like other forums. Also would like to add. You are free to post elsewhere and should probably have taken this to PM instead of starting a thread.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

guys, the chat forum has some extra leniency (i haven't stepped foot in hear in many months for example) and was meant for topics sooo off-topic they're not generally welcome on jemsite. Please post with respect to ALL others ...glen
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Being removed from a discussion is not the end of the world. It is more like removing the bad apple from the crate. Your posts were not deleted either, so your opinion is there for all to see. It is more to prevent the whole thread from being locked.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned

I'd like to contribute something to this thread. But since it's been a while since my last ban, I rather like riding the fringes. I will say this. It's best to say your peace, don't argue, just make your point clearly an d move on. It's generally not the making of an honest view that gets you in trouble, it's tharguing and bickering and just plain being difficult. Athough i've been banned from my own threads. I enjoy good debate as well as the next guy. Problem is, a lot of people don,t know how to debate. They resort to name calling and arguing. Then it turns from a fair and honest debate into a ban fest.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Contributor

Considering the size of the Jemsite population I believe most here would agree the moderation is fair and balanced.

Decisions made by moderators will not please everyone, but are for the good of the site.
If you want to question a mod regarding an issue please PM them to discuss it offline.

~j
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

ive only been around a little while and i think the moderation is done in perfect moderation. pun intended i guess... on some boards, there is ZERO warning...at least you guys will say "hey--take it easy guys or dont let this discussion turn ugly..." thats very cool of you guys.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
"You have been removed from the discussion".

I have seen this on other forums, didn't think I would see it here. You have the powers to delete parts of any post, you can send PMs telling every user what you think is too much. Removing users from any discussion is close to a last resort before ban from the forum. I expect some kind of notification and explanation as to why I have been removed from a discussion.
Taking you out of a thread isn't close to banning you, it's a way to allow the thread to continue without your getting yourself banned. You got your explanation in the thread you were banned from. You were taken out of a SINGLE THREAD because you were blatantly trolling, and trolling the mods no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Also would like to add. If you can't tolerate different views you should not be visiting international forums. You decide which threads you read.
We also decide what threads you can post in as well. As Jono pointed out earlier, ""Public questioning or complaints about jemsite, forum software, word filters, the forum admin/moderators and/or their actions" " is behavior that is specifically prohibited in the site FAQs. The next time you have an issue PM a mod. We read and answer all of our PMs, and in a timely manner as well. Start another thread like this, and you'll sit. I hope that's clear.

jim
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode