More Chinese fakery - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

More Chinese fakery

Well, it seems that counterfeit merchandise (including the coveted JEMs...which I STILL can't afford) isn't the only fakery our Chinese friends are involved in. Did anyone see the news about the Olympics? The televised fireworks display at the opening ceremony was enhanced by pre-recorded and CG fireworks. Not only that, but the girl who sang at the ceremony was lip-syncing! The chinese Olympics officials apparently decided at the last minute that the actual performer's face wasn't up to Olympic standards and had a prettier little girl mime it. Jesus, can we be sure that China itself is a real country, or is it a copy of another country??

STOP THE INSANITY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 PM

Re: More Chinese fakery

It seems to be that it's all about control and keeping up appearances....Evolve for fck sakes.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:09 PM

Let me be the first to say:

DONT FORGET THAT IBANEZ USED TO MAKE COPIES OF OTHER PEOPLES STUFF TOO!!!!!!
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post

they were good copys
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:

That is true. However the Japanese were excellent at taking someone's idea and IMPROVING on it. Weren't some of the lawsuit guitars actually better than the originals they copied? (no first-hand experience)

Cars were another area where the Japanese came in and kicked #@@. It may have taken them a couple decades to catch up but they past north american car makes by quite a ways. (and ironically now it's the domestics struggling to play catch up).

I have yet to see a Chinese knock-off anything that's better than what it's copying.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmm61 View Post
they were good copys
Alec gets it.
"The old Ibanez copied too so all fakes are ok" defense is legendary here.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post

I have yet to see a Chinese knock-off anything that's better than what it's copying.
The girl they showed on TV had better teeth than the girl who sang the anthem.

Dont forget the number 2 Jemsite defense "Where something is made has nothing to do with the quality", and number 3 "My chinese Les Paul copy plays better then my real Gibson.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:53 PM

Another reason why I despise the Olympics this year...
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Just this year?

I dont think I've ever watched any Olympics in 31 years. Maybe some Olympic Hockey once or twice
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM

I've never been a big fan of the Olympics, but especially not this year.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 PM

I thought the opening ceremonies were outstanding, and that's without the fireworks. My wife and I always watch the opening ceremonies of every Olympics, and these were clearly the best ever. Far better than the women in Lillehammer dancing in wooden shoes with reindeer or whatever (which was quaint, but...). I don't remember the little girl, but thought that was funny reading about it today. Maybe 650 MILLION women in that country and they couldn't find a cute kid who could sing? But the Chinese have done a great job with the Olympics from where I'm watching. Lots of new world records in swimming due to the 3 meter deep pool as well.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Alec gets it.
"The old Ibanez copied too so all fakes are ok" defense is legendary here.
im not saying all fakes are ok tons of companies copyed the les paul ibanez did it too they werent trying to sell them as 'fakes' they sold them with the ibanez name in the lawsuit series so its technically not a fake. though the body design was the same (SG, les paul, ect....) and it was made with quailty in japan.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Cars were another area where the Japanese came in and kicked #@@. It may have taken them a couple decades to catch up but they past north american car makes by quite a ways. (and ironically now it's the domestics struggling to play catch up).

Japan's rep up to the early 60s was for making cheap knock-offs that fell apart. Then that honour fell to Hong Kong. Then Korea. Not too many people knocking the quality of most of their mass output (yes we know about Korean guitars, but wait 5-10 years and see what Korean custom shops are producing).

China is now moving up the Asian tiger scale and they'll be producing some seriously sought-after goods pretty soon. And loads of cheap crappy knock-offs too.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 01:43 AM

The MIK stuff I have seen lately has been surprisingly nice. With all the CNC going on it's really down to the woods and finishing that makes the difference.

going back the the OP, I think China is really just trying to hard to impress the world. They don't normally open up their country for this kind of stuff.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM

China sucks ass, and so does Russia!!

Tags
chinese , counterfeit , fake , olympics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tell chinese squier from serial
how to identify a chinese copy ibanez

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode