More Police Drama In South Florida - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 16
More Police Drama In South Florida

Another cop shot - the third in 4 months. Another suspect on the loose. Every school on lockdown. You gotta love south Florida.

http://www.local10.com/index.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: More Police Drama In South Florida

I don't think cops can afford to live in South Florida. On top of that, they're barred by a system of law that favors offenders over victims.
I may be purchasing a firearm soon. It's getting to be like the wild west. :P
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Eco

Its getting like that over here in some places but unfortunately we cant buy a weapon to protect ourselves with.

The amount of shootings and stabbings here seems to be going up all the time.

I hope that cop turns out to be ok.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

And another cop bites the dust.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 AM

It's so sad. I just now heard the news. Does anyone know how long the schools will be locked down for? My son is in there.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Sad..... This guy needs to be shot upon capture!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM

On the news it looks like they have him surrounded. They say he rented a taxi after killing the deputy and the taxi took him to his mother's apartment complex and they have cops all around it. he'll end up dead I know it. Just like that last one. It's such a beautiful day today too, it's hard to believe all this is going on.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM

I wonder if there will be a major crack-down. They had one in the mid 80's, I think, after tourists kept getting smash and grabbed. They even killed a German couple if memory serves.
Not to sound like a Nazi or a guy who looks out for black helicopters, but it might be hard for cops to do their job in a world where everyone has a camera phone and internet access. There are also LOTS of AK-47's reported in crimes! Lots of copy-cats and youtube hooligans too.
Watch what happens, though, if this affects the tourisim biz! :P
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I wonder if there will be a major crack-down. They had one in the mid 80's, I think, after tourists kept getting smash and grabbed. They even killed a German couple if memory serves.
Not to sound like a Nazi or a guy who looks out for black helicopters, but it might be hard for cops to do their job in a world where everyone has a camera phone and internet access. There are also LOTS of AK-47's reported in crimes! Lots of copy-cats and youtube hooligans too.
Watch what happens, though, if this affects the tourisim biz! :P
I don't know. This didn't have anything to do with the tourists and the deputy was killed while transporting the prisoner so I don't know if people will make a connection with their own personal safety or not, but I did see plenty of out of state license plates while I was out today not to mention the "sunshine state" plates which are probably alot of rental cars. I just hope my son doesn't have to stay in school all day until some crazy hour. I mean, I want him to be safe, but I just worry he'll get scared not knowing what's going on.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Damn!! I just got a phone call with one of those recorded messages from the Broward County School Board. The schools will be on lock down until the police say it's okay for the kids to leave. No one can go in or out until then.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:42 PM

I'm sure your son will be okay, Jen. I go to BCC North Campus, which is 1/2 a second away from the correctional facility that was housing this guy. :P
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I'm sure your son will be okay, Jen. I go to BCC North Campus, which is 1/2 a second away from the correctional facility that was housing this guy. :P
I know he'll be safe. I just hope he doesn't have to stay there until some ungodly hour you know? He's just a little guy and I worry about him getting hungry and scared at not being able to go home you know?
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

They caught him in Hollywood. No idea yet on how he got there. But the schools should be letting out on time or with a small delay.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

They caught him in Hollywood. No idea yet on how he got there. But the schools should be letting out on time or with a small delay.

Oh sh1t!! That's where I am! I'm glad they caught him. Phew!

edit: I just saw it on the news. They said that SWAT was all assembled at his mother's condo in Lauderdale Lakes where they believe he was holding out and then Hollywood PD arrested him outside of a Pawn shop. They listed the school lockdowns already so my son probably will come home not even knowing anything at all about what happened today.

I wonder which pawn shop it was. Hollywood is not that big a city. There can't be more than 10 here.

Last edited by FloridaNative; 11-07-2007 at 01:09 PM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM

Hollywood, home of the world's best burger.

Tags
guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode