morning rant... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

morning rant...

sorry about the forthcoming rant, but i need to vent...

my 17 yearold sister decided it would be a good idea to bring back a 10+ group of freinds to the house as the rents are on holiday at the moment, fair enough, id do the same, but i wouldnt let them at 2:30 in the morning play their stupid fashion scene indie crap music really loud in the room that has an ajacent wall to the next house, especially when theyre elderly, i certainly wouldnt let them smoke in said room (a BIG nono in this house) or weed in the kitchen... (!!!) they ran arround upstairs like prepubesent kids locking eachother in bedrooms and letting of a stink bomb, now for the worst bit... i left all my gear in the front room with the computer because me and my mate had been recording demos for a band thing, i left my amp in there my RGT my bass (cheap one fortunatly) and a 12 string acoustic im renting, and yep you guessed it, the dented and chiped my RG dents in the bass and some deep scratches on the rented 12 string and a couple of dents....

mad dosent do what im feeling justice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 07:47 AM

Reviews: 1
Re: morning rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. S
sorry about the forthcoming rant, but i need to vent...

my 17 yearold sister decided it would be a good idea to bring back a 10+ group of freinds to the house as the rents are on holiday at the moment, fair enough, id do the same, but i wouldnt let them at 2:30 in the morning play their stupid fashion scene indie crap music really loud in the room that has an ajacent wall to the next house, especially when theyre elderly, i certainly wouldnt let them smoke in said room (a BIG nono in this house) or weed in the kitchen... (!!!) they ran arround upstairs like prepubesent kids locking eachother in bedrooms and letting of a stink bomb, now for the worst bit... i left all my gear in the front room with the computer because me and my mate had been recording demos for a band thing, i left my amp in there my RGT my bass (cheap one fortunatly) and a 12 string acoustic im renting, and yep you guessed it, the dented and chiped my RG dents in the bass and some deep scratches on the rented 12 string and a couple of dents....

mad dosent do what im feeling justice...
Wow...thats awful. Back when I was a teenager, we would do the same things but we definately had a deeper respect for others property even if we were loaded. Are you planning on bringing the parents into this? I would. Your sister showed a serious lapse in judgement and should be held accountable for her actions. I'm not a fan of ratting anyone out but it wouldn't be right for you to bear the financial burden of this. She's not an adult yet and your parents can make her pay you for the damages if she has a job or anything.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 AM

Man that sucks . Some people have no respect for other peoples properties .

Regards

André

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 3

You need to give these kids some positive reinforcement. I say get them out of the house more often, rent/buy them a large vehicle that they can travel in and see some sights. Then, when they are all out driving around in the countryside, come up alongside them in your truck and ram them off the side of a cliff.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:29 AM

On the bright side, maybe your sister will learn the importance of being responsible when she has to get a job to pay to have your guitar refinished!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon
Wow...thats awful. Back when I was a teenager, we would do the same things but we definately had a deeper respect for others property even if we were loaded. Are you planning on bringing the parents into this? I would. Your sister showed a serious lapse in judgement and should be held accountable for her actions. I'm not a fan of ratting anyone out but it wouldn't be right for you to bear the financial burden of this. She's not an adult yet and your parents can make her pay you for the damages if she has a job or anything.
unfortunatly i think ill have to, i was willing to let most of the stuff slide, just so long as she cleaned it up, but this was too much, im not sure what ill do... im not sure if its worth respraying a guitar the same color, i mean if it was a battle scar during a gig it wouldnt bother me, but this is pretty much vandalism... ive had enough of looking after my two younger siblings... if youll excuse me its been a **** week, i really lost a lot of love and respect for my brother who threatened to to attack me with a bike lock if i tried to take his drugs away from him because of he insisted on smoking in the house as soon as my parents left... and now this... i just wish it wasnt so expensive to move out in the uk, well with any luck ill get this nice job im going after when my music course finishes and ill be out of the country.... *END rant two

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
You need to give these kids some positive reinforcement. I say get them out of the house more often, rent/buy them a large vehicle that they can travel in and see some sights. Then, when they are all out driving around in the countryside, come up alongside them in your truck and ram them off the side of a cliff.
hahaha! yes, thats a good last resort.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:18 AM

you're way too nice man! WAY TOO NICE! telling your parents isn't even a damn question! that is the least i would do! i can't stand teenagers, especially those with no consideration for your stuff! and it's your sister even! she should know better. she should have not been in there or she should have reprimanded her friends. that's BS man. sister or not, they would pay!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon

+1

Don't let any of them get away with A THING!!!!! Bring the parents into this and hold your siblings accountable.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 AM

invest in a gun.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 06:42 AM

I'm really sorry that your equipment was messed with. But - Am I missing something? Are you talking about 10 teenagers or 10 teenage girls?

When my rents vacated the homestead for any length of time I'd hide the valuables and party with my sisters' teenage friends - who were just 2 or 3 years younger than me... More that one of those little vixens eventually wound up spending some quality time with yours truly. As for their taste in music David Lee said it best - "you've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real".

Next time your sis shows up with 10 teenage girls call me - I'll watch 'em!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 08:10 AM

Were you there? I mean, if my guitar room had several partying teens in it, everything would be in a case and in a closet, under a bed, etc. If this weren't possible for some reason, the room would be off limits or the axes would be moved. Hindsight is 20/20, and it's the "ounce of prevention" that counts.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:16 PM

i would be stoked if my older sis brought over some friends... but i would explode if they even got close to my gear. im way over protechtive, i mean, girls are great, but not "that" great to were there before my gear...

Tags
string acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode