Most Embarrassing Moments? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Red face Most Embarrassing Moments?

Sorry if there is already a thread with this on, but I though it would be a fun idea for a thread.

Idea originally just came about two minutes ago when my mum and dad were having a mini party with friends from work that I didn't know. While they were eating I was listening to a song with headphones (Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife, if you must know...) and thought that the door separating me and them was closed, so I decided to do a bit of headbanging and air guitar (bear in mind that it was quite late and I was in a good mood. However, as you may have guessed, the door was in fact open, and I noticed just AFTER I had 'done' the whole solo, and I did it pretty enthusiastically as well... About three of them were staring at me as if I was mad, which, considering how energetically I was headbanging, was pretty reasonable.

I left quickly after.

ANYWAY, would be great to have a thread (if it doesn't exist already (yes, I use brackets a lot! (lol))) to basically have replies on your most embarrassing moment. I think it's a great idea, but, then again, I created the thread...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 12:11 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: Most Embarrassing Moments?

hhhmmmm.......................ive walked into walls in public before. theres the typical high school story of "i thought that fart was going to be silent" and theres lots of things that i did at a younger age that im pretty embarassed of. OH, one time, i got caught doing that exact same thing (chelsea grin-the human condition)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I once asked a heavyset lady when she was "due." She just had a nice round gut...

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM

I was asked to delete post by a site member.

Last edited by Stringz; 05-07-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: I was asked to delete post by a site member
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Reviews: 1

I always trip over chairs or stumble on nothing while walking.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:56 PM

I once asked my wife if she is ever wrong.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I once asked my wife if she is ever wrong.
Ouch.

As a long-time piper (30+ years), I've spent a fair amount of time in a kilt. The possibilities are endless........
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
I once asked a heavyset lady when she was "due." She just had a nice round gut...
Dude.... The EXACT same thing happened to me one time. I was like "So, when are you due?" she replied.. " due for what???"
LOL... foot in mouth, just wanted to vanish...
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermonkey7 View Post
Dude.... The EXACT same thing happened to me one time. I was like "So, when are you due?" she replied.. " due for what???"
LOL... foot in mouth, just wanted to vanish...
Maybe I'm just a dick, but when that's happened to me I'm not the one embarrassed.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Most Embarrassing Moments?

Showcase for Enigma Records-1988

We had worked out choreography for our opening song...

Right before the solo the bassist was going to get down on his knees, I was then going to swing my leg over his, spin around and go down on my knees back to back with him and both of us get low, then the 2nd guitarist was going to hop over us and begin the solo, at which point we would pop up like an explosion behind him to the left and right...

Instead of going as planned, the bassist popped up a bit and I whacked his head with my leg, as I spun down to my position the 2nd guitarist hopped early and knocked us both over... He maintained his balance started his solo, and we found our place! Fairly embarrassing, but didn't deter our choreographing other things later on!
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Showcase for Enigma Records-1988

We had worked out choreography for our opening song...

Right before the solo the bassist was going to get down on his knees, I was then going to swing my leg over his, spin around and go down on my knees back to back with him and both of us get low, then the 2nd guitarist was going to hop over us and begin the solo, at which point we would pop up like an explosion behind him to the left and right...

Instead of going as planned, the bassist popped up a bit and I whacked his head with my leg, as I spun down to my position the 2nd guitarist hopped early and knocked us both over... He maintained his balance started his solo, and we found our place! Fairly embarrassing, but didn't deter our choreographing other things later on!
Hmn.......it's more like a...........homessexual moment lol
Why we cannot say g.ay?
Prejudice?
It's not a even a bad word!

Last edited by 6fingers; 04-27-2011 at 04:55 PM.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 PM

When i was younger i went out and bought Metallica's "Master of Puppets" album and immediately popped it in my walkman, pushed play and proceeded to walk back home through the shopping center, i had never heard the album before so it was all new to me any way as i'm walking along "Battery" kicks with all clean melodic guitars so i crank my walkman's volume to the max for ultimate effect (not knowing what was going to come lol) then after 45secs the distorted bit kicks and just scares the absolute [email protected] out of me ( i actually jumped about 6feet while sreaming out some choice words of profanity lol) then once i calm down and adjust myself i realise there is a whole bunch of shoppers staring at me like "WTF is wrong with that guy?" easily one of my most embarrassing moments lol
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibag View Post
When i was younger i went out and bought Metallica's "Master of Puppets" album and immediately popped it in my walkman, pushed play and proceeded to walk back home through the shopping center, i had never heard the album before so it was all new to me any way as i'm walking along "Battery" kicks with all clean melodic guitars so i crank my walkman's volume to the max for ultimate effect (not knowing what was going to come lol) then after 45secs the distorted bit kicks and just scares the absolute [email protected] out of me ( i actually jumped about 6feet while sreaming out some choice words of profanity lol) then once i calm down and adjust myself i realise there is a whole bunch of shoppers staring at me like "WTF is wrong with that guy?" easily one of my most embarrassing moments lol
that is so awesome!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibag View Post
When i was younger i went out and bought Metallica's "Master of Puppets"
I would be embarrassed if I had paid money for a Metallica album too.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I would be embarrassed if I had paid money for a Metallica album too.
+1

Tags
embarrassing , humiliating

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode