Movin on out - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Movin on out

Well Im finally moved out from "home" and have a place of my own sorta. Well there's one other person in this house but there's two more coming. Nice place and so far three people have made the exact same comment about the place but im not going to say what it is yet :P.

Any members want to share stories about when they first moved out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 07:46 AM

Re: Movin on out

Yeah, when I first moved out I was confined to an island in a swamp for three months. It was three days after my 18th birthday. Yay!

But I guess the first time I ever chose to "carry my own weight" was when I leased a place in North Carolina. There were five of us who moved into the house. Keggers every Saturday night - Sunday there were probably a dozen random bodies laying around the house - none of them belonged there.

We "installed" a race track in the back yard. My friend Randy had a huge 4x4 Jeep which cut down (ran over) the weeds and I followed him in my Saab. Occasionally I would stop, open my car door, remove the racing helmet I had on and vomit. Good times, I just wish I took more pictures.

We also saved a dog from some people who were abusing her. She became the house mascot. She was a Great Dane named Bessie. Very sick when we brought her home, her first move was to take a nice soupy dump on the carpet. Welcome home..... Good times.

Last edited by kirk; 11-12-2006 at 08:09 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM

Congrats Wiiiiz!
Looks like you're on a GOOD road now!

~ Katrina
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 AM

That's cool, Mr Wizardneck. How do you get along with your roommates?

I know of this program out here in The Netherlands, in which people who can't live on their own or at home, for whatever reason, go live with an x number of people with similar backgrounds in this house. And are guided by someone from the municipality. But the people who live together in these houses don't always get along with each other. That sounds like a horror story. Kind of like that reality show 'Big brother'.

Kind regards,
Myst and rain
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Well two of my roomies are bf and gf and they both do the turn tables thing. Nice people and strange in their own way. Fourth roomie is never home. Fun on Tulip Street!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Yeah, when I first moved out I was confined to an island in a swamp for three months. It was three days after my 18th birthday. Yay!

But I guess the first time I ever chose to "carry my own weight" was when I leased a place in North Carolina. There were five of us who moved into the house. Keggers every Saturday night - Sunday there were probably a dozen random bodies laying around the house - none of them belonged there.

We "installed" a race track in the back yard. My friend Randy had a huge 4x4 Jeep which cut down (ran over) the weeds and I followed him in my Saab. Occasionally I would stop, open my car door, remove the racing helmet I had on and vomit. Good times, I just wish I took more pictures.

We also saved a dog from some people who were abusing her. She became the house mascot. She was a Great Dane named Bessie. Very sick when we brought her home, her first move was to take a nice soupy dump on the carpet. Welcome home..... Good times.
Muahahahahahahahahaaaaaa !!!!

I have a similar experiance Kirk !!!
except that I used to live with a load of kiwi's and we all played rugby in the back yard (garden) with occasional vomiting :LOL:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:14 PM

Welcome to the real world man.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM

By the way, what was the comment about the place that you weren't going to reveal back then?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
Welcome to the real world man.

Regards

André

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode