Muscle Buidling Supplements - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Muscle Buidling Supplements

I'm considering using muscle buidling supplements, such as creatine, amino acids, guatmine, etc. etc. and I was wondering what the effects are and how long until I see results? Are these effects permanent or will they go away as soon as I stop taking them? What are the side effects?

I've been hearing a lot about stacks as well [combination of different supplements] and was wondering what the best stack there is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:42 AM

Re: Muscle Buidling Supplements

well i dont know much about those supliments and all that stuff but i do know that you should only take that stuff once you have totally quite growing and hit total maturity physically . Some of those proteins can full your body into making it think it has enough growth hormones or this or that and so the body will shut down production of those because what you are takings seems to the body like it's own . So if you anywhere 20 years of age or below i'd suggest you hold off a bit, if your over that age and have reached total maturitiy physically then i would say it may not be a bad idea .

I heard from one of my friends that took an antamy class in college that the professer said that a lot of those syntheic protiens can't even be digested and used , and that most of the muscle stimulants are nothing but that . I dont know how true that is .

You may consult a gym or even a doctor to give you a bit of information on tips to build mass.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:44 AM

Pure hard work and protien rich foods! Great excuse for tucking into steaks, burgers, eggs, cheese ect.

Protien is what builds the muscles up.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:45 AM

TOTALLY depends on the results you are after. First and foremost you need a good protein. I personally find "Nitro-Tech" works best for me. It has the balance of protein and amino acids that I personally respond very very well to. Next is probably Creatine. Basically all it does is make your muscle cells retain water. This does two things, makes it appear bigger (cool) and also makes it a little more efficient (stronger). Down side is once you stop taking it you will lose that almost right away. Tell me, how old are you, height and weight, and what results are you after?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:46 AM

Damn, we all responded within like 2 minutes of each other lmao...went from no responses to a few ahead of me...
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

I'm 18, 5'9 - 5'10ish, around 145 lbs. I'm just looking to fill my shirt out. I'm not really looking to get cut yet, since I can do that after I've gotten bigger arms and chest. I've been using that protein powder from Trader Joe's, I think it's called Pro-Maxx or something? Anyways, it's 45g for 3 scoops of powder. I take 45g before workout and 45g after workouts, but haven't seen significant improvements and I've been doing this over the course of ~7 months. I work out 3 days a week, the other 3 days are cardio. I've been told that instead of cardio, I should just take a rest day.

I HAVE used creatine before but I wasn't too happy with it, maybe it was because I was using Vitamin Shoppe's brand, but I didn't see significant results. And my lifting routine is basically maxed out for 6-8 reps of 2 sets. I do about 3 exercises per body part.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM

OK, here it is. At 18 years old, your metabolism is so high it will be very difficult for you to put on size. If you are doing any cardio, especially 3 times a week, it flat out won't happen. If you want size start working out probably 4 times a week, very heavy weight, low reps. Take the protein powder, 45g, 3-4 times a day. I wouldn't bother with pro-hormones at your age and level, would be no point. Go on the internet and look at some different workout splits, you will need to try them and find what works best for you. Also WORK YOUR LEGS!!! Trust me, first, for the chicken leg factor, but also, your body releases HGH when you work any muscle, the bigger the muscle the more HGH you will naturally release. Legs being the biggest muscles, when you work them your body will release a LOT of HGH which will help you grow quicker.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:35 PM

STEAK!!!!

And lift hard brother!

Those suppliments can get to ya man. I don't like um and don't take any suppliments at all. High protein / correct carb diet and hard work!!!

It should be all you need. Those suppliements can affect get to your health in the long run.

Forget the suppliments! Make your body respond naturally!

Last edited by JJEMMER777; 08-27-2006 at 02:40 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
Trust me, first, for the chicken leg factor,

Yeah....you DONT want a huge upper body in conjunction with chicken legs

Get to squatting to keep from squawking
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 02:39 PM

i had a thread about a year ago about something not-quite related, but it had some good ideas for you. Do a search for the word Xenadrine

~kenny
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Oh believe me, I'm eating my fair share of red meats and protein
Although I probably should switch over to lean meat... I've heard that muscle supplements are just more of a boost than something one relies on to keep his/her physique and structure, thus I'm interested in it. Is there anyway to bulk up but still retain a relatively flat stomach during the process, or will I have to do that when I reach the "cutting stage"?

Can anybody tell me the effects and pros/cons of each?
* Protein
* Creatine
* Glutamine
* Multi-Vitamin
* Natural Test Booster
* HMB
* Growth Hormone
* NO (Nitric Oxide)
* Anti-Estrogens
* Protein Bars
* Amino Acids
* Methoxy, Ecdy
* ZMA

I have no idea what any of them do to muscle building effects or your body, with the exception of creatine and proteins...
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Geeze, what with everyone wanting to get ripped? Whats the problem of just being a skinny **** like me?
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:25 PM

I agree with Jim...
Stay away from the suplements for now and stick with a good protien(egg whites,skinless chicken,turkey and fish) and good good carbs(brown rice,potatoes and fruits). Keep your portions small, about the size of your fist, and try to eat every 2 to 3 hrs (this is what feeds/rebuilds your muscles and causes them to grow).
Good Luck!!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 03:47 PM

www.anabolicminds.com is a great board to go to to learn all about proper nutrition, supplementation, exercise, and proper AAS use but people over there will kill you if you walk in as a noob and want advice on steroids. Learn all the other stuff first, get in shape, hit your limit, and then maybe think about using them.
Also, if you don't wanna do the guess work,the owner of the board has his own nutrition company FLA Nutrition (flanutrition.com) where you can sign up for one of two plans, bulking or cutting. He will give you an EXACT daily diet of what to eat. You eat 6 large meals a day. He will also give you an exact workout plan. Follow both to a T and you will be AMAZED!!! You e-mail him your results (weight and measurements) each week and he updates your diet accordingly. Also he gives you a password for a section of the messageboard where you create a Log and you can ask questions and tell all the people currently using his plan how your doing. Everyone will help you out. I have to say the owner really does know his **** and he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He knows it all: diet/supplements/exercise/steroids(though he will never tell you how or when to use them or recommend them).
I bought the cutting plan from him cuz I was fat. I started at 215 I think and in a matter of days on the plan, my strength just started skyrocketing. Every week I was adding more weight but my weight wasn't changing, meaning one thing, I was losing fat and gaining muscle. After a few months, my weight got down to 200 but I still had all that strength I gained.
I know this sounds like a hardcore plug for him and it is but it's the truth. This man totally turned my life around and I'll gladly tell everyone about him to help him out. Not single person on that messageboard will tell you his service doesn't work, or it wasn't worth it. The only thing that will stop you is yourself because you have to find time for 6 big meals a day and the workout which is normally 1 hour a day. If your bulking, you'll workout 5 days a week, 2 days off.
Alright I'm gonna stop now but I'm just saying, that board will answer any queestions you have, and if you wanna take the guesswork out of it, sign up with him. You'll learn so much about yourself in the process
-Chris

Last edited by King Nothing; 08-27-2006 at 04:01 PM.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 04:07 PM

Wow King, straight up, I'm going to go check that out. Good scoop, Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode