my forum for the biz.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

my forum for the biz....

it's no jemsite....nothing is....but it will have to do. just a little something i figured i would setup to get brides to visit and talk shop...and i can put one of my banners at the top....to advertise myself. maybe it will catch on...hopefully. it's not exciting like guitars and i won't be on it that much....but again, it's for the biz. thanks to Glen for his help in forum stuff.

Steve

www.chicagobridesforum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 06:18 PM

Re: my forum for the biz....

good idea. anything like this is normally helpful. now i must remember to stop photographing weddings, they drive me insane
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

haha, yeah i know. we're starting out in it. introduced the photography part of it just 12 months ago and we are doing alright with it. i have been doing photography for YEARS and started in film photography back in 1985? as a kid. I NEVER wanted to do weddings but compared to bands who have no money...that is where more money is. We actually enjoy it. Photography is photography (for now.) I'm currently working on a book of Chicago. I'm going to spend the rest of the year taking photos and putting it together. So far I have about 100 photos but i need more to weed through.

Steve
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:17 PM

photography and guitar can be really expensive sometimes as well. G.A.S also applies to photo equipment, seriously. im thinking that i should've taken up pebble collecting instead
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

yeah and don't forget about my love for computers and fast gear, as well as video production; green screen, stage lighting, 3 chip mini dv cams, there is too much stuff. oh yeah, and the pro tools studio.

guitar GAS
video GAS
computer GAS
still camera GAS
audio GAS

i have too much GAS! no wonder i never sleep.

one of my lenses cost a good penny more than an ibanez jem 7vwh. the body wasn't too far behind. AHHHHHHHH....but you know....i love it all...and you have to live! i'm in the process of bailing on some lenses i just don't use and haven't really used. i hate that feeling when your stuff starts to control you.....

what photography do you shoot now, if any? you aren't doing weddings anymore?

Steve

Tags
ibanez jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode