My weekend has involved a crowd surfing world record! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 12
My weekend has involved a crowd surfing world record!

Having just got back from this years bloodstock event i can confirm i was one of municipal waste's world record breaking crowd surfers! That aside the festival was fantastic.
Carcass and arch enemy played out of their skins, Saxon were er..... as ever very saxon! Amon Amarth were great, as were Beholder who will be releasing an album shortly that should be for any metalcore lovers, right on point! Municipal waste are undoubtedly one of the most fun bands i've ever seen live and really provided a great buzz through their set and for me the rest of the weekend, they really were the suprise package of the weekend. As if all this wasn't enough the tickets were free as my mate won them in a competition.
Its been an amazing weekend, my only gripe is there was too much bleedin viking battle metal! Ah well, still stoked though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 10:51 PM

Reviews: 22
Re: My weekend has involved a crowd surfing world record!

Municipal waste is awesome bro.
Saw them with Lamb of God, As i lay Dying, and some more big bands at the myrtle beach house of blues a while back... it was awesome, the beer bongs were used heavily to say the least.

Good to hear that nomatter where you live music is going strong these days/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretboardpyro View Post
, my only gripe is there was too much bleedin viking battle metal!
Is there really such a thing as "too much bleedin viking battle metal"?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
Is there really such a thing as "too much bleedin viking battle metal"?

I can indeed confirm that there is such a thing as "too much epic viking battle metal!"

whilst i'm here i may as well confirm that Paul Allender was put out of action by a giant gobstopper being thown at him and hitting him in the back, or should that be a giant gigstopper? How very spinal tap!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 05:41 PM

Reviews: 2

I saw Municipal waste with Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, As I lay Dying, and God Forbid a few months ago.

I liked them the most in that order, because MW had a friendly mosh pit where you could stand in the middle for longer than 2 seconds without getting crushed and losing a shoe/earplug, CoB is my fav band ever (Though their set was WAY to short), and by the time Log came my neck was so sore I couldn't even windmill through the whole time.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 AM

carcass????????? i love it!!!!!!saxon tooo!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
carcass????????? i love it!!!!!!saxon tooo!!
carcass were beyond amazing, and really annoyingly saxon were very good and put on a good show and didn't miss a beat, much to my dismay as they aren't my favourite band in the world to say the least! Damn those pesky rocking pensioners!

Tags
bloodstock , crowd surfing , drunk , festival

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode