Myspace? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Myspace?

Wierd stuff eh?

I have a myspace set up, just so I can troll random myspace sites when I happen to stumble across them. I don't do the whole myspace thing

I have single picture of a caricature of myself on it, and no other information. Not even a name, I haven't regestered a name for myself yet.

But yet. . .to my puzzlement, I get emails all the time from random people I've never met from all over the place wanting to be my "friend".

Whats up with that?!? I got a message from some chick, saying "Hey, I liked your site, you wanna be friends?

WHAT?!?? did you GO to the site? they'res NOTHIN ON IT?!?

How do these people find your myspace page?? I dont get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM

Re: Myspace?

Sorry, but I have to voice my opinion. Myspace is stupid.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Gex

I agree wholeheartedly.

Thats why I dont "participate"
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:31 PM

people like to add you to their friend list because it makes them look popular and becuase they are insecure. decline. they are stupid. i only talk to people i know in person on that dark corner of the internet...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Gex

Ah, thats kinda what I figured, makes sense.

I've denied them all so far.

One chick, I mentioned above, was like

"Hey there, I like the site, you wanna be friends?"

I replied back "Nope"

(Oh well, I got a big kick out of it. I dunno, thought it was hilarious...)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:58 PM

I have a myspace, alot of people get dumb about myspace and feel the constant need to check myspace over and over again, For instance, my buddies (who will re-main nameless) they ALL come over to my house and check myspace cause they dont have a comp at there house. now checking it every once and a while is fine, I for one never have checked myspace outside my own house, but I use it for different reasons, its come to my attention its the best source of getting in contact with people and bands!, but there are those stupid people who use it to hunt down chicks and blah blah cause they dont have the "requirements" to do it in face to face. lol oh well myspace is cool but it can get dumb and so can the user's of it
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:25 AM

HAHAHHAA
Reading this reminded me of the FUNNIEST/SCARIEST thing I have EVER seen!!
Just thinking about this makes me jittery.. *jumps out of seat*
I had a myspace last March until last May.. It was all cute and fun until ONE DAY this REALLY old guy named "Smith" 'messaged' me or whatever and said all of this RANDOM babble and at some point said something about "hooking up" and about how he likes to "take care of his man"... I mean, what the WALKSJF;?? Dude! He likes to "take care of his man?"

Either:
a. He thought I was a MAN.. OR..
b. Well, he showers a lot.. If you know what I mean..

Yeah, that was just the start! A black guy messaged me a while later saying that my name (which back then was "Kangster"...long story! ) was BEAUTIFUL and that he and his DAUGHTER recently lost their woman (his wife, her mother) and that he was looking for someone else..

Needless to say, I deleted my myspace and I'm not making a new one until I get music recorded!!!!

~ Katrina
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:28 AM

That's ubber freaky....You could have played mommy and best friend. Lol.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:31 AM

Huh??
I'm confused!!!!

~ Katrina
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 02:38 AM

Well you could have been the girls mom but also her best friend "depending on her age".
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:04 AM

Myspace can get a little twisted sometimes, I have to agree but my band has a site and Ive got to admit it has helped us 100 percent with exposing people to our music and expanding our fanbase. There are some really wierd people on it though. We have however found alot of really great contacts for production, video photography and sound, but if you really need to use it to hook up then maybe you need to take a long look at yourself.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:14 AM

I love myspace, got lots of juicy girls on there and they all wanna rock with me.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 08:19 AM

myspace has its usefulness but there is alot of idiots and spam "friends requests". i get 5-10 friend requests a week from cam girls trolling for business. that is very annoying.
my band also has a myspace and it keeps our fans updated with dates and new info.
i like myspace and i get a good laugh at all the morons that you see there. i have a few jemsite myspce friends - it's a cool way to keep in touch and share blogs (usually guitar related for me), pics and other tidbits (videos, songs) with real friends.
for women it must be fairly creepy sometimes on myspace. being a female travelling the web must be a cautious task no matter how or where she talks with general public. lots of serious "soon-to-be-caught" (hopefully) sex offenders out there surfing as well. shivers.......
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 09:23 AM

Please continue myspace discussion here

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44773
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what's wrong with myspace verification code

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode