nausea and wireless network - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

nausea and wireless network

i'm not sure if i'm crazier than usual but i seem to get an irritating nauseating feeling the longer i'm using my linksys wireless G adapter on the notebook. i have never really used this wireless networking; it's mainly for my wife and her laptop. i'm always tied to my pc's. but, being off work for a month due to surgery (day 5) i have been on the web all day surfing music and jemsite and studio stuff and working on my website. as each hour goes by i get more sick feeling. i didn't think anything of it until i just happened to notice it. i feel better minutes after it is turned off. just fired it up now and i feel slightly ill.......only been 20 mins. again, maybe i'm nuts but have any of you felt anything or heard of anything? i'm not talking of the cell phone and cancer thing. i did a search for it and found a few people with the same feelings. i don't think it's the pain meds, as i haven't taken them in a couple days. i don't like taking them.

steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Re: nausea and wireless network

Could it be the bright laptop display. I have to turn the brightness right down on my laptop or I see stars for half an hour.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 AM

My Linksys gives me a sick feeling, but its usually cause its dropping connection.
But I would go with Crevis on this one, maybe the display.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 06:10 PM

Wireless routers connection emits electromagnetic waves, which in the long run can cause cancer. You should check or do a research as to how much your wireless connection is emitting these electro magnetic waves.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 PM

oh no, not the electro magnetic cancer causing waves argument.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Reviews: 18

Tell me something shredmaster. Are you taking any meds? I can almost assure you that the nauseating feeling you have is not due to the wireless but rather from the recovery process. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have???

Jimmy
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
Wireless routers connection emits electromagnetic waves, which in the long run can cause cancer. You should check or do a research as to how much your wireless connection is emitting these electro magnetic waves.

Trouble is you are permeated by wireless transmissions from radio, TV, mobile phone networks, your microwave oven , the cops on the corner with the radar unit, the remote control for your garage etc - so it is unavoidable right now!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Trouble is you are permeated by wireless transmissions from radio, TV, mobile phone networks, your microwave oven , the cops on the corner with the radar unit, the remote control for your garage etc - so it is unavoidable right now!
not to mention the billions of neutrinos
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 PM

Is there a foot growing out the side of your head? cause that's a dead giveaway.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 PM

hmm I have a linksys wireless network at home too.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
The rate that an item actually affects the human body depends on the signal strength.

I give you an example. In handphones, they have this procedure called Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) tests where they actually measure the safetiness of handphone signals on humans. They also have this body,the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), which put a standard for safety on handphone manufacturers that the rate of electro magnetic wave transmission for their handphones must be below 2.0W/kg. Transmission of over this specified rate may cause harm to the hp users.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Tell me something shredmaster. Are you taking any meds? I can almost assure you that the nauseating feeling you have is not due to the wireless but rather from the recovery process. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of surgery did you have???

Jimmy
i think i state above that i'm not taking any meds. i have them but stopped taking them a few days before posting this. i would rather deal with pain than take stuff for it, just how i am...unless it is very necessary. i had ankle surgery. i had a badly-torn paroneal tendon, which is the large tendon that runs on the outside of your ankle, from under the ankle bone to up behind your leg up the back of the leg. not sure how it happened but i was living with the pain for 14 months. scar tissue was the only thing holding it together. scar tissue due to multiple healing attempts. they had to remove all the tissue and attach and bind the tendon. more involved than either i, or the surgeon thought. glad i got it done. i should be able to walk in a couple more weeks. just in time for the G3 show in chicago.....i hope.

steve
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crevis View Post
Is there a foot growing out the side of your head? cause that's a dead giveaway.
BWWAAAAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
They MAY cause cancer, if exposed to a high enough dosage over a long enough period of time. A Linksys router probably isn't putting out near enough power to be harmful. (Unless you strap it to the side of your head with duct tape.)

That said, if it's still making you nauseous, try turning the wireless adapter off and connecting direct and see if you notice a change. Or, you might try using a different channel rather than the default, probably channel 6.

Tags
david mccarroll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode