need new phone on existing plan - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

need new phone on existing plan

i was lucky enough to leave my cell phone in my pocket when i went swimming today, and now its obviously not working (at all). ive been looking online for a replacement, but all the prices refelct the purchase of a new cell phone plan too. i just want a new phone, thats it.
anyone know where to get some good deals? its a verizon phone, and on their site the phones, by themselves with no plan, were around $150 to start!

btw, ive had this phone for about 3 years, so there is no hope with warranties or what not

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 AM

Re: need new phone on existing plan

You don't need a new plan for a new phone, but yeah- cell phones by themselves are pretty expensive by themselves considering how they're usually heavily discounted when you sign up for a plan.

As far as getting a new phone for a good price- it depends on how nice of a phone you want. There are those non-flip phones that are like $40 but they're an eyesore. You'll find cell phones going for cheap on the 'bay, but you just have to be very careful.

Depending on how long you've had your plan w/Verizon, you could always call their customer service and see what they can do for you. Nowadays, a lot of cell phone companies will, in the middle of your contract, offer you a nice, new phone for free if you agree to extend your contract- you may be eligible.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:14 AM

When my Verizon phone popped out of the tank bag on my K1200 last year and onto the New Jersey Turnpike, they sent me another one for 50 bucks. I'd look into that.

jim
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:22 PM

Most carriers don't cover water damage though, atleast T-Mobile doesn't.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 PM

If you've been with Verison awhile, then they may offer a good discount on a new phone without changing or extending your contract. I know suncom offers me $100 off a new phone once a year. This means that every year I can pick up a new phone for $100 off while still renewing every 2 years.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

alright thanks, ill be giving verizon a call to see if they can help me out... i hope haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode