NEVER steal from an Oil Company - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

NEVER steal from an Oil Company

Here at my work we had a guy stealing copper in the wharehouse....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5265093.html

...sucks to be him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Reviews: 18
Re: NEVER steal from an Oil Company

I'll keep my thoughts to myself before I get banned from here

Jimmy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Jem_FP View Post
Here at my work we had a guy stealing copper in the wharehouse....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5265093.html

...sucks to be him.
Sucks to be him??? He'll get what he deserves! Hopefully a long prison term where he'll "learn" to get in touch with his feminine side.

What's sad is this bozo doesn't even care or have enough respect for himself or other peoples goods. Some might say "well it's a company and they can afford it or will claim it on insurance." Bottom line.... thievery costs everybody.

Nothing worse than people who steal..... whether it's material goods or someones emotional state or their actual life. I say fry them up..... extra crispy and to hell with cruel and unusual punishment.

It pisses me off when murderers, rapists, and thieves get life in prison only to prey on other prisoners while we feed, cloth, and house them at the expense of the law abiding. They have no respect for their own life let alone others. So why should we be concerned with theirs?

What sucks is this business owner who gave this @sshole a job will be out a million bucks along with any shareholders if it's a publicly owned company. Not to mention the added expense of beefing up security as well as the extra cost of better applicant screening.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I knew the guy too. He recieved most of my parts into the wharehouse. Too bad the opportunity got the best of him and now he's paying for it. The real shame is he's got a criminal back ground, yet they still hired him to control inventory. Just sad.

We're not a publicy owned company but Rowan Drilling (the company that owns us) is certainly NOT happy.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Material theft is a big deal here in Houston.
We have installed camera's alarms and even have had to resort to hiring a guard on the weekends.

We hired the guard after our last theft. We called HPD and reported our theft and we were told that unless we had the guys name, address and Social Security number , then they didnt have time to deal with it.

What is happening is that people are selling these materials to scrap places, and the scrap dealers HAVE to know its stolen.

All these scrap dealers take the same stance, "We dont know where they get it". The problem is that they dont care where it comes from.

We had over $400,000.00 worth of parts stolen from our yard, we went to the nearest scrap dealer and all of our machined parts were right there in his yard. We called the police and took it back. The police told us the dealer only gave the person around $800.00

The material's cost increases significantly after precision machining has been put into it as well as manhours.

Whats incredilbe is that the guy who stole from you took over a million in material and probably only got back pennies on the dollar.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 PM

I like selling copper
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Employee steals stuff from their workplace is an idiot! I hate this kinda people, I've got a janitor sack years ago for stealing my acoustic guitar I keep in the store, I've always hang out at the store during lunch time. Although the guitar has got nothing to do with my work whatsoever but it reveals a true colour of people.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 PM

It's a big problem in Washington State, too. Public monuments like statues and ships' bells have been ripped off thier bases. One high school had to cancel evening sporting events because thieves stole the lights from the stadium. Some thieves (jemplayer55, you're gonna love THIS . . . ) even got electrocuted trying to steal LIVE ELECTRIC WIRES.

I mean, if meth is so addictive you do sh!t like that to score some, wow. Just, wow.

Oh, and I agree that the metal dealers are as much a part of the problem as the rip-off artists are. Looking the other way and pocketing the profits.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:52 PM

Crazy!

Tags
acoustic guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode