New Blu Ray Player - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

New Blu Ray Player

I just got my first look at one of these bad boys the other night. I was helping my brother on a side job carpet cleaning at a Sony store. I was drooling over all the high tech gadgets, when I happened to spot the player hooked up to a $13,000 Sony TV. I asked the manager about it he said they had just got it in 2 days ago. He ended up turning it back on to show us the demo....Unreal! The images were so crisp and life like, and the sound is 7.1 surround. The demo also included some images from Sony's Playstation 3 that I could have sworn were almost real!
With a lot of the major film industries and electronic indrustries already jumping onboard with Blu Ray, it looks like they might beat out HD DVD.

Technology!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Dee

Re: New Blu Ray Player

Not for me.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 01:11 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

looks the same as HD-DVD currently shipping at half price.

these both will be slooooow movers in regards to stand alone hardware and software sales for quite a while.... years. $13k tvs are not commonplace and while you were wiz-banged by the demo sticker shock and buyer regret will yield alot of returns from mass-marketers. watch and see ... glen
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Believe me as much as I was impressed I won't be running out and buying one anytime soon. Never a big fan of (buying)first generation technology. They usually have there bugs that need to be ironed out. With a $1000 price tag my money agrees with waiting a couple years.
For that matter I have yet to even buy a blank DL DVD Disc even though I have 2 DL DVD burners in my computer, because I know the prices will/ and have begun to come down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode