New Camaro - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

New Camaro

Who's seen the new camaro? I reckon it looks better than the last one. My favs were always the mark 2 and mark 3's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:36 AM

Re: New Camaro

Not so sure I like it, but the numbers are nice. I'll probably pick one up when they come out in 09 since I should be in the market for a new car then and I should also be done with my apprenticeship. The first generation are still the nicest though.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 AM

It's still not gauranteed for production though,is it?? Apparently theres tons of politics behind where it would be built.Hope they do,looks awesome for a modern car!! As it will be out of my price range i'll have to stick with my 3rd generation baby though
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 03:03 PM

Ant's suspended? that came out of nowhere.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:03 PM

I saw picture of it a while back. Looks sweet. Hope my 93' will make it until its release.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Yeah, it looks really sweet (AND FAST!!!!)

I've always been a huge fan of the old muscle / sports cars.

It looks to be designed after the 69' Z28....my FAV!!

Hey, if it works for Ford why not GM?? They need something to go right for them Now we just need gas prices to drop

Chrysler's also did the remake of the Charger, but it's quite UGLY (IMHO)

Right on for the re-birth of the 69' Z If I wasn't a truck guy, I'd get one I only became a truck guy AFTER getting into too much trouble w/fast cars
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:58 PM

I LOVE the old muscle cars.Wish i could afford one!!
I can just picture your garden jjemmer...........jems and a Z28 in paradise!!!
Totally agree about the new Charger,its as ugly as f**k! But they are supposed to be bringing out a new Challenger,which looks pretty damned tasty too!! (i'd still MUCH prefer an old one though).
GM and Chrysler need to do something though,coz its stupid letting Ford have a whole market sector to themselves!!
If i had the money and garage space (they are usually too small over here ) my dream cars would be a '68 Charger and a '70 Challenger (big blocks of course!!! )
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
GM and Chrysler need to do something though,coz its stupid letting Ford have a whole market sector to themselves!!
Exactly
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Dont forget about the 70 Hemi Cuda! That was a sweet car, but I like the grill better in 73'
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:13 PM

I know they are similar,but i prefer the Challenger!! Though a Hemi 'cuda would be VERY sweet!! Big bucks now for Hemi cars though
A 440 6 pack would do too
I'd LOVE a genuine Daytona/Superbird Must be the ultimate "head-turning" car to see on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM

Chevrolet Camaro Concept Car photos:
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...amaro_concept/

The front reminds me of a Cati
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM

I hate it. It looks more like the Cadillac designers took about five minutes to chisel out a Camaro. It's too boxy looking, just like the damn Caddys. Again, GM has missed the mark when it comes to styling. Ford makes a killing with the retro 'Stang, Dodge hits one out of the park with the soon-to-be-produced Challenger, and GM puts forth an abortion of a Camaro. I read where they said they were trying to not go completely retro with their Camaro concept car, but trying to incorporate modern styling into the design. Well, of course - since the full retro thing hasn't worked well for Ford or Dodge, has it? Idiots. There is SO much potential for a retro muscle car - Popular Hot Rodding had a feature on another designer's Camaro concept - looks much better in my opinion. (http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ifth_Reloaded/) But, GM will probably produce it anyway, and it'll fail just like the GTO. Why would a GTO fan buy a GTO that looked like a Grand Prix? Why would a Camaro fan buy a Camaro that looks like a Caddy? GM needs to pull their head out. Don't get me wrong - I'm a GM guy through and through. I just think they need to fire all their stylists and start over.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Chevrolet Camaro Concept Car photos:
http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...amaro_concept/
I don't like the look of that concept at all. I don't think they'll build it anything like that. I hope not.
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:15 AM

It kind of looks like the Batmobile with the long front end.
I like the front end, but the back looks too import to me, still at 400 BHP, I could deal with that.
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 AM

Oh that's a bit nasty. To boxy looking. Ok I know it's got no near as much power but at the moment i'm quite liking the more affordable new (face lift) Honda Integra Type R DC5. Looks nice and sleek. Ok it'd get pounded in a race by a camero but it looks fantastic and to be honest has probably more power than you actually need on the road.
The only current model chevrolet do that I like is the corvette, i've always loved these cars. Forgive me for saying this if you have one but the Camero always comes across as a poor mans Corvette to me. Even though they still very expensive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what is hetfeilds camaro

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode