New Metallica - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
New Metallica

Thoughts? For me, the first single, Hardwired, is a bit too thrash, but since I've listened to it a bunch of times I'm starting to like it better. I instantly liked Moth to Flame the first time i heard it, and its only gotten better since I learned the song. Atlas Rise, the same. Aside from the singles, my favorite so far is Now that we are Dead. I'm going to learn it next. Over all, its a great album, maybe one of their best. The rhythm guitar playing is very interesting and different from most out there. Learning it is teaching me all sorts of new things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: New Metallica

There are some really good tracks on it - Spit out the Bone is probably my favourite, but there some really forgettable ones too. Best thing is it sounds like they are genuinely enjoying what they are doing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 01:42 PM

Tbh, the last few albums were enough to tell me this one will be... not that much better shall we say. So I was not expecting anything special. With that said, 'now that we are dead' stands out for me.

When I think Metallica I think master of puppets, one, fade to black, enter sandman, sanitarium, nothing else matters etc. The albums then had something special about them. But that was 30 years ago and I can't help but feel there's no going back to that with the evolution of metal in recent decades (and probably real life experiences of James Hatfield).

As grateful as I am that they are still producing, a part of me thinks perhaps they should have left it after Load. And this is coming from someone who picked up the guitar on the back of Metallica and whose all-time favourite record is the black album.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 05:54 PM

just heard hardwired today......... not bad they have definitely done worse they almost sounded drunk and angry again...
ahhh the old metalica

Tags
hardwired , metallica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode