New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Received new bike today in the mail. Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0.
6.1kgs on my scales, UCI minimum weight is 6.8kgs. Not even road
legal but Street Lethal (for you Racer X fans ). Seriously light bike.
4000 of your very best British 's. I'm not wise btw!!

Full Carbon Frame/Forks/Post

Full Sram Red Groupset

Mavic R-SYS Exalith wheels.

Will have bike fully built and road ready in the next day or so. Pretty much
identical to the ones below. Will post my own pics asap:



IbanezDaemon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,647
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

That is beautiful!!! Is it riding weather there?

LOL at the wise comment !!! When it comes to gear, I'm right there with you!!!

I have 2 of the same style of amps coming tomorrow. A deluxe and a junior. Luckily I am still loving my Klein 12 years later.
satchmo72 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
That is beautiful!!! Is it riding weather there?

LOL at the wise comment !!! When it comes to gear, I'm right there with you!!!

I have 2 of the same style of amps coming tomorrow. A deluxe and a junior. Luckily I am still loving my Klein 12 years later.
Thanks Satch, much appreciated. Nope not riding weather here. Our drive for the last
week has been covered in an inch of solid ice. Makes no difference to me as I busted
my ribs 3 weeks ago in a mountain bike accident so I'm outta action til at least Feburary.
The winter here dictates that us road cyclists have to mountain bike in the winter to keep
our core fitness up. I've a pro indoor spinner bike as well.

Nice one on the amps. I'd say I'm equally as anal when it comes to Gear. If you're
gonna do something do it right.

Lol at the Wise comment!! Sometimes I have to remember not to try and use local
slang when posting on forums. I'm from Northern Ireland, the only accent in the world
that can make 'Thank You' sound like a death threat!! LMFAO!!
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 531
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Happy NRBD!

Seriously good looking bike! I'm lusting after a 29er to keep me riding in the winter as well.
kissTheApex is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissTheApex View Post
Happy NRBD!

Seriously good looking bike! I'm lusting after a 29er to keep me riding in the winter as well.
Cool man. Thank You. Are you a roadie as well??
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 531
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Cool man. Thank You. Are you a roadie as well??
Yeah, I am. I hate to admit it, but I'm a little burnt out though, I haven't ridden a single mile since October
kissTheApex is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissTheApex View Post
Yeah, I am. I hate to admit it, but I'm a little burnt out though, I haven't ridden a single mile since October
Okay. It's easy to lose your motivation especially when the weather turns
against you. I was still able to ride my road bikes until the first week of
December then we usually switch to the MTB's when the roads start to
become dodgy. I was still averaging 150 miles per week until I crashed
3 weeks ago and bust my ribs.

Are you hoping to get back into it and build some fitness before the season
starts again??
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 08:46 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 531
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Okay. It's easy to lose your motivation especially when the weather turns
against you. I was still able to ride my road bikes until the first week of
December then we usually switch to the MTB's when the roads start to
become dodgy. I was still averaging 150 miles per week until I crashed
3 weeks ago and bust my ribs.

Are you hoping to get back into it and build some fitness before the season
starts again??
I have to. Riding keeps me happy and takes that "edginess" off of me . My wife has been on my case for months to get me out of the house
kissTheApex is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 02:23 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,647
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Hope the ribs heal soon!!!

My trainer has been setup in my office for 3 months, got a few rides in before my back decided to go in 3 different directions. I have a mini marathon in May and plan on doing some cycling/camping trips with my boy this year.

IBZ, i dont see pics yet!!!!!!!
satchmo72 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 07:20 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NB Canada
Posts: 3,467
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Wow that is nice. I'm planning to buy my first road bike soon. Wont be as nice as yours but I'm excited it about it anyway.
Rotti is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 12:18 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,604
Reviews: 10
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

That is a sweet looking ride!!! Sorry to hear you broke your ribs Paul - I hope you feel better soon! Too bad you aren't out here in Vancouver today - it's going to be nice riding weather - sunny and 13 C (56 F)..
doriangrey is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 6,200
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Oh, that IS nice.

Specialized Allez Elite that's probably six or seven years old now, over here, so I'm probably not far off from an upgrade myself. I'm not much more than a recreational rider (work gets in the way), but I'm into fairly long distance rides - I rode the Pan Mass Challenge back in 2012, took 2013 off with a torn ACL, and after surgery in the winter set a century as my recovery target and did a one-day 120-miler from Boston to Provincetown at the tip of the cape with a few buddies. We're looking forward to build off that this year - probably do that same ride, a spring century run by a local cycling group, and then maybe the Harpoon Point-to-Point this fall (about 140 miles - I want to do the Brewery to Brewery, but that might be a little too brutal for me right now).

Enjoy that thing, and glad to see a few more cyclists here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Nice one on the amps. I'd say I'm equally as anal when it comes to Gear. If you're gonna do something do it right.
There's a certain amount of picking your battles, but I agree - I think my three "big" hobbies are guitar, riding, and cooking (at least, the expensive ones). I spend a lot of money on that, and then stuff that I enjoy but I'm less crazy about (skiing, for example - I'm an avid hiker, but "good" hiking gear isn't that expensive, bigger picture) I just spend enough to have fun. You can't have the very best of everything, alas.

EDIT - actually... being totally honest here, really guitar is the only hobby I spend disproportionate amounts of money on. My Specialized is a great bike, but definitely "weekend warrior" material and while I may upgrade to something nicer, I'm not likely to go fully up to "pro" level, like I have with guitar.
Drew is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Hope the ribs heal soon!!!

IBZ, i dont see pics yet!!!!!!!
Thanks!! I'm waiting on the carbon pedals I ordered to arrive.
Local bike shop was supposed to get them for me then couldn't
so had to order them online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti View Post
Wow that is nice. I'm planning to buy my first road bike soon. Wont be as nice as yours but I'm excited it about it anyway.
Cool!! Got anything in mind??

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
That is a sweet looking ride!!! Sorry to hear you broke your ribs Paul - I hope you feel better soon! Too bad you aren't out here in Vancouver today - it's going to be nice riding weather - sunny and 13 C (56 F)..
Cheers Ron!! Def on the mend. Think I'll be okay to ride again this weekend.
Sounds like you are having some great weather. It's snowing here as I type this.
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK/Ireland
Posts: 3,525
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Oh, that IS nice.

Specialized Allez Elite that's probably six or seven years old now, over here, so I'm probably not far off from an upgrade myself. I'm not much more than a recreational rider (work gets in the way), but I'm into fairly long distance rides - I rode the Pan Mass Challenge back in 2012, took 2013 off with a torn ACL, and after surgery in the winter set a century as my recovery target and did a one-day 120-miler from Boston to Provincetown at the tip of the cape with a few buddies. We're looking forward to build off that this year - probably do that same ride, a spring century run by a local cycling group, and then maybe the Harpoon Point-to-Point this fall (about 140 miles - I want to do the Brewery to Brewery, but that might be a little too brutal for me right now).

Enjoy that thing, and glad to see a few more cyclists here!



There's a certain amount of picking your battles, but I agree - I think my three "big" hobbies are guitar, riding, and cooking (at least, the expensive ones). I spend a lot of money on that, and then stuff that I enjoy but I'm less crazy about (skiing, for example - I'm an avid hiker, but "good" hiking gear isn't that expensive, bigger picture) I just spend enough to have fun. You can't have the very best of everything, alas.

EDIT - actually... being totally honest here, really guitar is the only hobby I spend disproportionate amounts of money on. My Specialized is a great bike, but definitely "weekend warrior" material and while I may upgrade to something nicer, I'm not likely to go fully up to "pro" level, like I have with guitar.
That is a nice bike and those are some serious miles you are doing there....Wow!!

You can get some great bikes without breaking the bank. Whilst I have 2 pretty expensive
carbon bikes now I still enjoy riding my heavier aluminium road bike and MTB.
IbanezDaemon is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:17 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 6,200
Re: New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

Having good company really helps. The 120 miler we didn't hit too hard (averaged about 16mph - we were closer to 17 before one of my buddies cramped up), but we got on the road in downtown Boston at 6AM, made it to the bridge over a canal to the Cape in time for a slightly late breakfast and stopped at a Friendly's for breakfast sandwiches (bad move, this is why my buddy cramped up), and then cruised on for the rest of it, stopping periodically for water or calories, and got to our hotel on Provicentown in time to have a few beers in the pool before dinner and then go out and eat a LOT of raw oysters at an awesome restaurant overlooking the beach. Good time.
Drew is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NRBD: New Custom Build Road Bike IbanezDaemon Off-topic / Miscellaneous 13 10-17-2014 02:18 PM
Crazy trials bike guy. Eggy Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 9 01-28-2007 01:03 PM
Stunt bike photos. Rotti Off-topic / Miscellaneous 14 06-03-2006 07:17 AM
Which bike? Jemwielder Off-topic / Miscellaneous 18 01-31-2006 04:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome