New Scooter.... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

New Scooter....

I hijacked a thread last week and dropped in a picture of my latest scooter. It was a shot of the calender she was in and I still hadn't gone to pick her up! (the scooter you dummies!)

Anyway I finally got the chance to go and get her today..... and it rained no doubt! Just my luck! So here's a few pic's I snapped for those interested in bikes.

Here's the lowdown..... she's a Big Bear Venom Pro Street frame and modified tin (tank & fenders) Assembled by Chopper One in Destin FL., with a S&S 113 CI show polished motor with some internal goodies for the horsepower hungry, exhaling through a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes.

She's hooked up with a 3" BDL open primary with outer bearing support to a Baker 6 speed transmission. Final drive is belt. All rims, upper and lower controls are from Performance Machine.

She has a pneumatic softail suspension and can be raised or lowered depending on road conditions. PM 4 piston calipers front and rear for the stopping power. Dakota Digital tach/speedo and more goodies like all braided cables and hoses....

So here's the shots! Some are slightly blurry..... I couldn't take a good picture if my life F'n depended on it!

Ill start with the calender shot.....

Last edited by jemplayer55; 07-03-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: New Scooter....

And a few more......

Last edited by jemplayer55; 07-05-2007 at 09:55 AM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

And a few more....

Hope you all enjoy..... Now let's see some of your bikes and rides too!
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM

I don't ride, but that is one sick bike!! Congrats!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
I don't ride, but that is one sick bike!! Congrats!
For a softail she's still a bone shaker!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:46 PM

Damn man! I love bikes, I saw a few choppers here, nothing like yours, they always get stuck in traffic jam.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:40 PM

Very nice! Reminds me of my Big Dog Bulldog....with Big Radius pipes too!

I really like the Pro Street style as it retains better handling characteristics compared to the raked out chopper styles.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Sweet bikes.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 01:06 AM

Bad ass it is.Did they do the paint?How the hell do I post a pic?I have a 89FLHTC with a 98incher.It will pack the front wheel about 10 to 15 feet in 2nd and 3rd gear.That is alot for a full dresser.I have just about all the parts I need to put a 113 ground pounder up and running.

Also a 1987 GN that should run in the 11's.It has a 3inch inlet on the turbo.AND yeah it is stupid fast you realy can't drive it on the street....but what fun would it be if I didn't do that
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Very nice! Reminds me of my Big Dog Bulldog....with Big Radius pipes too!

I really like the Pro Street style as it retains better handling characteristics compared to the raked out chopper styles.
Gotta agree with you about the pro street over something with a ton of rake and frame rise. Mine's still got some rake but she's not over the top. No flop... just a little slow in steering input. I looked at the Big Dogs, American Ironhorses, just about everything out there..... decided on the Big Bear after seeing some of their kits put together and speaking to the guys at their factory. Love those Vance & Hines pipes too! I was looking at the Supertrapp Road Legends Phantom Pipe too. They are sick!

Anyway, I got my first real good ride in yesterday. She is wicked fast and I'll call her my ScooTerror! She's definitely not for the faint of heart! Especially when you compare her to a stock 88 or a stock S&S 97". Got that hair trigger throttle that's going to take some time to adapt to!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM

Sweet Jebus! I think the next step is to get a matching guitar for that look/paintjob.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing8count View Post
Bad ass it is.Did they do the paint?
The paint was done locally in Pensacola..... Not by Big Bear or Chopper One! It was someone they had worked with in the past though. I like the fact that it's not your typical flames, skulls or over the top tribal! And I like the the Silver metalic, Red metalic, Black scheme. Every graphic is hand pinstriped in fire engine red. I'm not sure you can tell in the pic's.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Very nice bike! Congrats.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Gotta agree with you about the pro street over something with a ton of rake and frame rise. Mine's still got some rake but she's not over the top. No flop... just a little slow in steering input. I looked at the Big Dogs, American Ironhorses, just about everything out there..... decided on the Big Bear after seeing some of their kits put together and speaking to the guys at their factory. Love those Vance & Hines pipes too! I was looking at the Supertrapp Road Legends Phantom Pipe too. They are sick!

Anyway, I got my first real good ride in yesterday. She is wicked fast and I'll call her my ScooTerror! She's definitely not for the faint of heart! Especially when you compare her to a stock 88 or a stock S&S 97". Got that hair trigger throttle that's going to take some time to adapt to!
I know what you mean about hair trigger throttle. Especially in 1st and 2nd gear. Passengers have heart attacks sometimes!

I've come from sportbikes so these bikes don't have enough brake for me, but I'm used to it by now. My Ninja used to give me a nosebleed if I grabbed a handful of front brake! hahaha These bikes are like stopping a freight train....lots of momentum and inertia there. It's all good though and all fun!

Big Bear makes and awesome chop, no doubt. Great styling and Kevin really has taken that company to great heights. I'm not a big fan of the latest Big Dog bikes.....a little too raked out and gawdy for me...plus big $$$$.

If you ever need any questions answered about these types of bikes, you should cruise on over (pun intended) to the Club Chopper forums:
http://www.clubchopper.com/forums/index.php?
Go to either CHopper Talk or Shop Talk and just about any problem or question can be answered there. They've helped me time my motor, trace out electrical gremlins, adjust my carb for great response....you name it. Lot's of real knowledgable wrenches on there.....some ****ers too...but they're easy to spot.

You live in Florida so that must = year round riding! I'm jealous of that....I gotta make hay while I can up here in New Hampshire. 6 months riding season....7 months if I'm lucky.

Keep the shiny side, of the awesome paint job, up!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: New Scooter....

I take the girl you can keep the Cycle!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode