new transformers-movie??!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

new transformers-movie??!!

a friend of mine whispered in my ear the other day that he had heard of a new TF movie in the making....

I ran home, stumbled and hit my head in the stairs, turned on my computer and did a search on the subject.

I nearly had a heart-attack when i read several places that spielberg and dreamworks might work together on this one.

does anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 12:13 AM

Re: new transformers-movie??!!

Spielberg is producing and the director (for now) is Michael Bay:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 05:17 AM

If it's not about the original series they can flush it down the toilet for me...I want to see normal cars that turn into [email protected] robots. And I want Peter Cullen to do Prime.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 06:45 AM

As cool as this would be (I was a HUGE Transformers fan when I was a kid) I'd much rather see a live action Robotech movie, based on the Macross generation. There already is a much richer dramatic edge to the story line than there ever was with Transformers.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:11 AM

I agree with all of you! I would LOVE to see a Robotech movie, too!

The only thing is, I don't think I could stomach the people they would get to play the parts. No doubt, it would be the hip actors of the day, and that would just ruin it for me.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 10:27 AM

Well at least they're doing a new animation starring Max Sterling at the moment...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter
Well at least they're doing a new animation starring Max Sterling at the moment...
What's that??? I know that there is a new Voltron movie(and series, IIRC) in the works. Also, Robotech never really went away- There was Macross Plus, and a few others.

Thing is, none of this cool stuff EVER ends up in America anymore(I could import the stuff, for a LOT of money...) Maybe if they stick a few rap songs in there, and make some of the characters gangster thugs, Americans would take notice. Maybe a cameo from Paris Hilton.

I'm so friggin disgusted, can you tell?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:50 AM

LOL let's hope they'll get some nobodies like in Terminator 3 or AvP but with thrice the script. I think the Decepticons at least are going to steal a superweapon from some deranged professor...Jeff Goldblum, anyone? I fear it won't be ultra violent...
Compared to almost everything involving Macross, Transformers was pretty moronic...no respect for dimensions and physics at all...Megatron transforming into a "tiny" gun Starscream can hold in one hand...what's that all about? Humans surviving getting thrown away by robots and even remaining unscathed...muhahaha what a joke.
The endless discussion when floating through space were also pretty hilarious. Just like robots from a million years old civilisation having to use a mouth in order to communicate. (well at least Prime had a little wiggling shield)
I used to love that series but I guess I grew up. Some episodes are just too hideous to watch again. Ofcourse nothing beats a series based on some idiot fighting space battles in a battlemech flown by using a guitar without strings. What the hell was Macross 7 about... :-s
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 11:58 AM

I've only read things online about the more recent Robotech stories. Try doing a google search- you'll find a LOT more than I can tell you here!

There really is some VERY cool stuff! Have you seen the toys they've had out?

Check out the following link, for starters-

www.robotech.com
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 12:02 PM

I used to love the original transformers. As a kid I had just about every toy they ever made and all the comics. I still have a couple of rare bits I kept, but I flogged most of it to a collector dude who gave me a lot of £££. I promptly blew it all on material things lol *sigh*. The movie (animated) of transformers was awesome....I just don't think they can pull a live action one off.

Seeing Unicron, the planet sized mofo smashing sh*t up would be pretty awesome on the big screen but I think it's one of those things that's best left alone.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moro
Spielberg is producing and the director (for now) is Michael Bay:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml
Michael Bay that means loads of action and no script .

Regards

André

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:22 AM

i just have to jump in and say that the song from the Transformers movie is awesome.

To defeat the evil forces...

Of the Decepticons!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Michael Bay that means loads of action and no script .

Regards

André

Yes, we are all expecting an oscar winning story behind Transformers

Seems to be an excelent challenge for Bay. If anyone can turn such a hopeless thing as transformers into a somewhat entertaining film, he's the guy to do it.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 03:12 PM

And how is it they survived for so long with the same storyline:
Decepticons want energy cubes.
Amen.

Bwahahaha
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 04:57 PM

you people are nerds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode