New X-Files Movie next year :) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

New X-Files Movie next year :)

http://movienews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=38846

I really enjoyed the X-Files back in the day and the first film was great. I look forward to seeing Mulder and Scully together again next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:17 AM

Re: New X-Files Movie next year :)

That was a fun show, I really hope they due a decent job with the movie. My wife still insists smoking man could still be alive LOL!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Reviews: 16

I've got every show in DVD boxed set along with the first movie. I love the X-Files. I read that yesterday or the day before. It should be a really good movie!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 AM

X- Files was one of the top rated TV shows people would like to see come back (right after Seinfeld of course). Look forward to another movie!!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

i really look forward to this movie.

with all the bad TV happening (shows are being cancelled before they air 2 episodes) they really should reboot the xfiles tv show w/ the original cast, even a shortened season and no alien abduction stuff would be very, very popular as it's timeless stuff... glen
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM

Yeah me too. X-files was one of my favorites shows.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Reviews: 16

I bet you're right. I bet they could come back together to make a new show. It would be bollocks unless Chris Carter did it though.

The reason the show ended to begin with was because of David Duchovny. His wife was in LA and he was living in Vancouver to shoot the show. He wanted to be with his wife. David made that show. He was what the X-Files were all about. I liked the actors that tried to replace him, but it just wasn't the same without David. I wonder if there's a online petition somewhere to bring the show back.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Reviews: 18

This is good news!

I really liked the show and the movie was pretty good IMO. I'm looking forward to seeing the new movie when it comes out.

Jimmy
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Yeh it was great, until him(Robert Patrick) out of Terminator 2 took over Mulders' place, it just wasn't the same then, it was OK just not the same.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 PM
site founder 0% owner

mulder was one of the best TV characters ever... but it's tough to compare because by the end of the show Carter had abanonded the show pretty much wanting to do other things and David's lost interest due to a lawsuit (over royalties) which pretty much convulted his characters story (when they had him MIA from the show for several episodes prior to his leaving after season 8.)

I believe he earned almost 2x $$$ than his costar Gillian Anderson which is absurd. When you factor David has done zilch since and hasn't retired it really was shortsighted.

I didn't see season 9 (final season) yet (NO SPOILERS PLEASE).... it have it on DVD. But season 8 with Reyes/Doggett was excellent (compared to what you find on network TV) and actually better than many of the later shows with Mulder.

I'm just saying with proper care they could have spun off the xfiles w/o scully & mulder and the alien conspiracy into an excellent tv show. They could have had cameos and whatnot, especially after David's failed film career. Maybe it's best left in the past... glen
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hasn`t Mr D done the show Californication? I`m sky plussing it at the moment to watch when I have time (hello from 1 - 30 am in Tokyo where jetlag says it`s just after lunchtime)
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:11 PM

awesome!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

Excellent news, X-Files is one of my all time favourite shows
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 PM

God, I miss X-Files. I even liked the X-Files wannabe that came on after it, Poltergeist: The Legacy.

I still watch the reruns when they are on.

Even if they never bring it back, there will eventually be something else that will come along like it. Hell, before X-Files, there was Kolchak the Night Stalker and Friday the 13th the Series (both of which were excellent). I have faith that eventually another clone will come along.

Definitely going to see the movie though. I can't wait.

What's everyone's favorite episodes?
I have to say that I loved the Golem episode and the Trailer Park Vampires. It's always a toss up between those two.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Cool! My wife even has all the books ands comics and stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode