New York - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

New York

If me and a friend want to visit New York for two weeks or so, where abouts in New York is the best place to stay?

We want somewhere not too far away, not too expensive if you know what I mean, so that we can see some stuff during the day and drink in the bars at night and go back to hour hotel after with not too much fuss.

Or if we're away for two weeks, maybe someone might suggest something, such as not all of the two weeks in the one city?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Re: New York

I've stayed at the Pennsylvania hotel which is opposite Madison Square Garden,which is near to the Empire State Building. It has a really nice restaurant and across the road there's a place that does a great cheap breakfast. You could also just get a bagel and coffee from one of the numerous venders.
I also stayed at the Milford Plaza which isn't too far from Times Square. It cost a little bit more.There's an Irish bar attached to it but serves the worst Guiness I've ever had.

You should definately go to BB Kings. When I went there I was the only white guy there,but the singing,blues and jazz was brilliant and the steak was ace!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 PM

I want to live in NY. A friend of mine has just left us to go and live there.... I am soooo jealous.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 AM

There's about 45 thousand restaurants and bars in NYC It makes for a nice place to work alright! As for where to stay, almost anyplace cheap should be fine as you won't be spending too much time in your rooms, I suppose. Manhattan is where you want to be though I would think.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 AM

Yeah, there are a ton of places to stay in NYC, but I would suggest not staying too far north of Central Park. There are a lot of subways to get you to pretty much anywhere you want to go.

I can't think of the hotel's name right now, but there is a place that is about 2 blocks south of Central Park, right next to Hooters, that is in a pretty good location for subways, cabs, etc...

And I would suggest sneaking over to Brooklyn one night and having dinner at Peter Luger's. But you may want to call a few weeks in advance!

Another thing you could do for fun would be to take the train from Grand Central Station in NYC up to Boston. It's about a 4 or 5 hour ride, but it's a very enjoyable ride, and much better than driving.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:36 AM

Reviews: 10

if u have GTA4 plan yer route out virtually in free roam mode
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:52 PM

If you've got the cash, stay at the W at 50th and Lex. The whole lobby is a nightclub. Rooms are small but very nice. Good location. The scenery in that area is crazy. The buildings are nice too.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

I've got to wait for the dude I might be going with to sort out his passport before booking anything, but it's good to get an idea of where to stay.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 05:49 AM

Do what I did last time I was in new york, go over craigslist and find a nice studio or a flat to rent. You can find places that will be defently cheaper then any hotel in great locations.
I rented a small studio apartment on 20th street and 7th avenue which is in walking distance from almost anywhere for 150$ a night.

Tags
new york

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode