New York Giants!!!!!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

New York Giants!!!!!!

How exciting. It'll be too cold for the Giants....Farve is on fire...the Giants play dirty...waa waa waa waaaaaaaa.

I'm a Giants season ticket holder....now all I have to do is win the "lottery" for my tickets and I am off to Arizona!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Vendor

Re: New York Giants!!!!!!

They deserved it, You can't throw that many bad INT's in a Championship game and expect to win, and yet they still had a chance! It just lines up the next target for the Pats to mow over.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 PM

My buddy is stoked, biggest Giants fan ever, but will be more so when I gift a 40 LCD HDTV to watch it on.....Can't let them watch the G men in he Superbowl w/o HD.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
They deserved it, You can't throw that many bad INT's in a Championship game and expect to win, and yet they still had a chance! It just lines up the next target for the Pats to mow over.
Hate to agree with the latter, but I've got faith. BTW Rich, first call I made was to my sister-in-law in south jeresy - had to ask her where the Eagles were playing tonight.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:18 AM

G I A N TS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let them talk all the trash they want Kirk. The more people who go against us the better!! Eagles?? Who are they?
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 AM

I was happy for Eli, but I sure wish Favre would have had a better showing for what was possibly his last game. And to finish a career with an INT in the championship game? Ugh.

Hats off to Eli and the Giants for getting their sh*t squared away in the last half of the season. Eli may be a Manning after all!

As for the Pats, well, we'll see. The Pats have still been winning, but they're not crushing like they were in the early season. Yeah, they'll probably win, but MAN that would be awesome if the Giants could upset them. We'll see...
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 10:57 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

the smack talk is best reserved for after a superbowl victory. i mean the giants have a nice little run here... they won two games on the road where they eeked out a victory against the better teams (with help from the refs and sloppy play).

close but no cigar. nothing accomplished. the clock is approaching midnight.

i'd be shocked if it's not a slaughter in AZ but whatever, that's why they play the game. i wouldn't rush out and buy an HDTV to watch the game if i were anything but a Pats fan ...glen
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 AM

GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!! I wish they could have put it away a little earlier, two missed FGs and a TD called back for holding, but I'll still take it. Now to just rest up and knock off the Pats
Whatever happens in Arizona, it sure has made the game 1000 times better to watch for me having the Giants in it. I'll have to put some serious thought into the food for the party now. (And take Monday off )
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Sounds like the Eagle fans are a little jealous! HaHaHa! Win or lose, we had a GREAT year!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:37 AM
site founder 0% owner

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:32 PM

Congrats to the Giants, but I'm from Green Bay and it was quite sad watching the end of that game. Damn Favre and his INTs...I couldn't believe that. Actually, I guess I could...it just sucks that after getting a second chance b/c of Tynes's missed field goal, GB f'ed it up. Oh well.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:57 PM

Congrats to the Giants and their fans..... The game kept me on the edge of my seat that's for sure!

The Giants played pretty much everything right, up to the missed field goals and being denied a touchdown or two. But managing the clock and making some key defensive plays brought home the win! Something Green Bay didn't take into account. Plus Green Bay was shooting themselves in the foot with penalties on key plays too.

I hope the Giants give the Pats a run for their money..... I'd love to see them beat NE! That would make a great thread, yeah?....
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

I sense some Giant Envy from Rich and Glen. You can say what you will about the giants getting spanked by New England. They're playing with house money at this point. This is a run coming from a team that most people expected barely pull off and 8-8 record this year.

They have nothing to lose and will give it their all. They hung in with and actually led New England a month ago. I think that if the stars align, they **COULD** pull of an upset. I don't believe they will, but it could happen.

I'm just glad Tiki and Shockey aren't around to mess it up with their big mouths. The two weeks off will be good for the banged up secondary. The Giants will show up on superbowl sunday.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Vendor

Not at all, I wish them the best, hopefully they're topple the Pats off that plinth they're sitting on!! I just don't have a lot of faith they can. Then, I never thought they could beat GB, but wasn't expecting Farve to revert back 3 years and throw INTs again. I was hoping Farve could ride off into the sunset like Elway did instead of fall off his horse and get drug around by the stirrup.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
site founder 0% owner

trust me there is no envy, especially regarding sports. sports is simply entertainment.

truth be told my football team has 2.5x more lombardis than NYG and is a better franchise overall with more potential in the future to remain good. without bigmouths like shockey, brandon "fumble" jacobs, tiki (original mr fumble), strahan & pierce. cheering for michael strahan must be as joyful as a lobotomy.

i just don't like loudmouths who have done zilch.

the season has been a fun one for many fans but joyless to all in that it's futile... sorta like that last, fine meal served on death row. The hanging is coming and it's at the hands of Brady & co. sorry... glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode