NFL '13 - '14 BS thread - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 10
NFL '13 - '14 BS thread

With the NFL preseason underway and the regular season only a few weeks away I thought I would start this thread. In addition to guitars and music, I love sports, and the NHL BS thread on this site has been a lot of fun, so why not have some fun BS'ing about football too btw, CFL football is a great game too but I didn't think it would get much attention here so we'll go with NFL for the thread name...in any case, here we go.......

Current NFL power rankings: http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nfl/

Nice to see the Seahawks in the top 5, since I am a huge Seahawks fan. I'm hoping Russell Wilson can follow up last year's impressive debut.

Some points to ponder about the upcoming season:

Will the Eagles get any better? (hope not...sorry Eagles fans

Denver will be even better with the addition of Welker...

How will the Patriots use Tebow? (had to mention him...;o)

The biggest improvements will come from the Lions (last year's underachievers IMHO) and the Chiefs...while the Ravens and Jets will be worse (safe bet)

any other NFL fans out there? Who is your team?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 05:43 PM

Re: NFL '13 - '14 BS thread

Go Rough Riders
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Go Rough Riders
lol...nice to see you like football too Cid...and that you support Rider Nation ;o) you can join here Cid: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rider...n/112507693640

speaking of CFL and NFL, it should be interesting to see how Marc Trestman makes his transition from the Alouettes in the CFL to the Bears in the NFL...you a Bears fan Cid? Trestman, Cutler and the Bears should be better this season...and the Alouettes are worse this year
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 08:31 PM

I actually don't follow football at all. When the Bears went to the Supergame a few years back, I watched that season mainly because I was doing work at a lot of their houses so I didn't want to look like an idiot when my partner and the players would talk.

I just know aboot the Rough Riders and the Rough Riders because half of my band lived in Canada and one guy told me aboot the, and I try to speak Canadian to any Canadian I come across. Not sure if there is a name for someone who tries to be Canadian, but if there is, I am one.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not sure if there is a name for someone who tries to be Canadian, but if there is, I am one.
nice! you should totally move up here eh ...in fact I think that they should hold a referendum in the northern states to see if they would like to become part of Canada because I go to Washington all the time and they seem a lot like Canadians...and I am hoping to someday get Washington back (British Columbia is called British Columbia because our borders used to extend south to the Columbia River, which is now the border between Washington and Oregon) ...somehow we got screwed out of Washington state when they did the whole 49th parallel deal (I'm not bitter, and we're not planning to invade or anything like that, [at least not that I know of ;] I just want them to hold a referendum in Washington to see if they want to come back to being a part of BC

In the interim Cid, we can give you an honorary Canuck title and I will leave you with this: http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-Canadian-Slang

a short excerpt for you:

Hoser: The term has many origins: The most common refers to the game of hockey, before the invention of the zamboni, the losing team would have to hose down the ice. Thus creating the term "hoser"

Canuck (when not said by Canadians) can be derogatory. They apply the term to themselves and each other as a term of endearment. But you shouldn't use the term unless you are Canadian. (Except that most Canadians like being called Canucks.. Just saying.. -Signed. The Canuck.-)

That was all aboot fun eh Cid

Anyone wanna talk football ;o)
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 02:26 AM

Reviews: 2

My team sucks. So I'm in for another hilarious year.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 05:44 AM

I'd move up there, but someone has to say "I'm soary" for Nickleback first. Many a band arguments have resulted in me yelling "OH, TAKE OFF, EH!"
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
My team sucks. So I'm in for another hilarious year.
HA! I thought this was the NHL thread and I was all like "Dude! At least you guys won the Cup once!"
Niners at 3! I like it. After sucking so bad in the 00's it was good to see them back in the big game. It was strange though not seeing them win it. Oh well, I guess injuries and being overconfident does that maybe.
I'm betting the Dolphins suck again this year. How Jeff Ireland keeps his job is a f**king mystery!
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I'd move up there, but someone has to say "I'm soary" for Nickleback first. Many a band arguments have resulted in me yelling "OH, TAKE OFF, EH!"
Cid, I'm sorry for Nickelback. And Celine Dion and Avril Lavigne and....

Now come on up and cheer for the Roughriders with me.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM

CFL AND CANADIAN LIONS!! WE WILL WIN THE NFL. WE HAVE A JERSEY TITLED 666
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
HA! I thought this was the NHL thread and I was all like "Dude! At least you guys won the Cup once!"
Niners at 3! I like it. After sucking so bad in the 00's it was good to see them back in the big game. It was strange though not seeing them win it. Oh well, I guess injuries and being overconfident does that maybe.
I'm betting the Dolphins suck again this year. How Jeff Ireland keeps his job is a f**king mystery!
Actually, I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, but since I'm in Tampa now, I do root for the Bucs, as well, since they are an NFC team. In fact, I pull for the Dolphins a bit, as well. You'd think we could get one of the three Florida NFL teams to be good for a change.

I still remember the 1999 season, the Dolphins were 10-6, Bucs 11-5 and Jaguars 14-2. It seemed like all three Florida teams won just about every week. All three made the playoffs, the Jags beat the Fins, and the Jags and Bucs were one game away from the Superbowl. It would be nice to get back to those days.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
Actually, I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, but since I'm in Tampa now, I do root for the Bucs, as well, since they are an NFC team. In fact, I pull for the Dolphins a bit, as well. You'd think we could get one of the three Florida NFL teams to be good for a change.

I still remember the 1999 season, the Dolphins were 10-6, Bucs 11-5 and Jaguars 14-2. It seemed like all three Florida teams won just about every week. All three made the playoffs, the Jags beat the Fins, and the Jags and Bucs were one game away from the Superbowl. It would be nice to get back to those days.
The Seahawks are my home team but I've watched football for a long time and I've always knida liked the Buccaneers...I think it started when I was a kid and I liked their logo ;o) Plus I was a big Jeff Garcia fan in the CFL and I was happy to see him have a couple good seasons down in Tampa. The Dolphins are higher in the power rankings than the Bucs but I'd be willing to bet that the Bucs have the best season out of all 3 Florida teams
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
The Seahawks are my home team but I've watched football for a long time and I've always knida liked the Buccaneers...I think it started when I was a kid and I liked their logo ;o) Plus I was a big Jeff Garcia fan in the CFL and I was happy to see him have a couple good seasons down in Tampa. The Dolphins are higher in the power rankings than the Bucs but I'd be willing to bet that the Bucs have the best season out of all 3 Florida teams
I agree. I think the Bucs have the best team of the three.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Mark View Post
Cid, I'm sorry for Nickelback. And Celine Dion and Avril Lavigne and....

Now come on up and cheer for the Roughriders with me.
I'll grab my tuque and a two-four of molson and head up
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I'll grab my tuque and a two-four of molson and head up
Cool. The bacon's sizzling in the frying pan.

Tags
nfl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode