Nintendo Wii - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,687
Nintendo Wii

I finally got one. I think I'll actually buy some Nintendo stock now as well. I think they'll KO everybody else by Christmas season.

My three year old can't get enough Wii boxing and golf, and even my wife (who normally doesn't care about games) plays tennis now. Myself, I like bowling.
microdmitry is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA USA
Posts: 2,459
Re: Nintendo Wii

Yep, we've had one for a while now. It's pretty much as cool as the ads say. Everyone in the family gets involved in the sports games.
We've been playing Zelda. Well, I WAS playing it, and my 12 yo son is still playing it. But it got to complicated for me. I can only solve puzzles and riddles for so ling before it takes it's toll on me. My son says, remember, you have to go back to that other land and get that thing now. You couldn't get it before, but now you can. And then you have to turn back into a dog so you ca go through that area and get those other guys.... A bunch of that. And since I might go a week between playing, and I wasn't really paying that close attentions in the fist place. I wonder around in circles wonder what I'm suppose to be doing. Which is why those walkthrough cheater book sell so well.

But we dig the Wii.
Darin is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:28 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Delmar, MD
Posts: 1,140
Re: Nintendo Wii

There must be some more consoles trickling in because a guy I work with was finally able to get one too. I was lucky enough to get one before Christmas (if you consider standing outside Walmart all night in the bitter cold lucky.)

I like bowling as well. There's also a dart game on Wario that is good too, and of course Zelda is just plain awesome.

You've got to give Nintendo alot of credit for the innovation of the remote.
southpaw_lefty is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 173
Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Yep, we've had one for a while now. It's pretty much as cool as the ads say. Everyone in the family gets involved in the sports games.
We've been playing Zelda. Well, I WAS playing it, and my 12 yo son is still playing it. But it got to complicated for me. I can only solve puzzles and riddles for so ling before it takes it's toll on me. My son says, remember, you have to go back to that other land and get that thing now. You couldn't get it before, but now you can. And then you have to turn back into a dog so you ca go through that area and get those other guys.... A bunch of that. And since I might go a week between playing, and I wasn't really paying that close attentions in the fist place. I wonder around in circles wonder what I'm suppose to be doing. Which is why those walkthrough cheater book sell so well.

But we dig the Wii.
haha great post!
Axayacatl is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: El Salvador
Posts: 157
Re: Nintendo Wii

I've almost crashed twice from driving after playing Need for Speed Carbon. You must wait at LEAST and hour after playing before you can drive.
Aftershock is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,687
Re: Nintendo Wii

Wario is a slap in the face of the gaming industry. The graphics look like garbage, yet the game itself is a heck of a lot of fun. Just goes to show that you don't really need "next gen" graphics to enjoy games, and the rest of the industry gets too carried away with making games "beautiful" instead of making them fun.
microdmitry is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 3,861
Re: Nintendo Wii

I haven't seen the game system first hand, but I hear reports of some people actually losing weight playing it.
Distantshore is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:55 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY/Boston, Mass
Posts: 1,019
Reviews: 6
Re: Nintendo Wii

Yes the Wii truly is a wonderful thing. And I've actually toned up a bit playing Wii boxing.
Jemwielder is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 1,390
Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
You've got to give Nintendo alot of credit for the innovation of the remote.
You mean the Wii-mote
ChopTart is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:14 PM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Wario is a slap in the face of the gaming industry. The graphics look like garbage, yet the game itself is a heck of a lot of fun. Just goes to show that you don't really need "next gen" graphics to enjoy games, and the rest of the industry gets too carried away with making games "beautiful" instead of making them fun.
so you're saying 50GB discs aren't critical to gaming after all. ...glen
jemsite is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:42 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 173
Re: Nintendo Wii

OK Chops now you're just being Wii-tarded.
Axayacatl is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,687
Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
so you're saying 50GB discs aren't critical to gaming after all. ...glen
I never said that. They are pretty critical for longer movies, though. Uncompressed audio, higher bitrates, etc.
microdmitry is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Delmar, MD
Posts: 1,140
Re: Nintendo Wii

A couple months ago I was wearing a wrist splint for my carpal tunnel, and a female co-worker asked me "did I hurt my wrist playing with my Wii?" (she knew I had one.) I told her "no, I did it playing with my Nintendo."
southpaw_lefty is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 555
Reviews: 1
Re: Nintendo Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
There must be some more consoles trickling in because a guy I work with was finally able to get one too. I was lucky enough to get one before Christmas (if you consider standing outside Walmart all night in the bitter cold lucky.)
Hey you did the same thing i did. cept, i stood in front of a Toys r us. and they only had 15. Stayed about 9 hours and was 2nd in line to get a Wii.

But it was worth it.

Now all i have to do is get into the 21 and over vai concert thats in Vegas.
UGGGHH i hate house of blues. Bunch of jackassses
AmazinAzian12 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What about wii? RCB Off-topic / Miscellaneous 23 12-08-2006 06:06 PM
New Nintendo Wii for sale... In Hand + games Queens_Brian_May Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 1 11-19-2006 10:44 AM
Nintendo Analog sound system bammbamm Off-topic / Miscellaneous 2 04-13-2005 05:15 PM
Nintendo game Castlevania music cover tim505 Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 2 04-13-2004 12:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome