No TV for me :( - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

No TV for me :(

So last week my tv died. It was provided by my apartment building when I moved in (it had probably been here a lot longer than that) so I tried to get another tv today and I was denied a line of credit to get it. No money this month to buy one so I guess I'm gonna be without tv for a couple months at least.

I'll just have to resort to downloading of tv shows I want to watch I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 AM

Re: No TV for me :(

Haven't owned a TV in years. Or rather, I do own one, but it's in storage collecting dust. No need for a TV, I got three computer screens to stare at. I spend a lot less time watching bad films now. More time to play guitar! Yay!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Haven't owned a TV in years. Or rather, I do own one, but it's in storage collecting dust. No need for a TV, I got three computer screens to stare at. I spend a lot less time watching bad films now. More time to play guitar! Yay!
That's exactly my feeling as well. No need to waste time watching reports on Ukraine and Gaza all day long... Although I really love Discovery Channel so that will be a major loss
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:44 AM

A lot of the Discovery shows are available. You just need to know where to look. You're in the land of super fast internet everywhere. 1.5GB of a single episode of anything in high def mkv would be down to your computer within minutes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilch View Post
A lot of the Discovery shows are available. You just need to know where to look. You're in the land of super fast internet everywhere. 1.5GB of a single episode of anything in high def mkv would be down to your computer within minutes.
My internet isn't super fast, but maybe that's because I have a wireless adapter and I think it throttles my speed a bit. Need to figure out how that thing works, just too lazy Need more guitar time before that Actually had the first real sit down and play slow day in a LONG time. Doing exercises at 100bpm just felt insanely slow because of that stinkin Stratovarius song. Playing at 150-160bpm all the time warps your sense of speed a bit
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 07:28 AM

I can only stand about 10 minutes of tv a day... watching the local weather report while I eat breakfast. Too much bad news in the world! I can barely keep a grip on my own little world, much less fret about the rest of the planet... lol! Time is better spent with guitar in hand or other more productive endeavors anyway.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
I can only stand about 10 minutes of tv a day... watching the local weather report while I eat breakfast. Too much bad news in the world! I can barely keep a grip on my own little world, much less fret about the rest of the planet... lol! Time is better spent with guitar in hand or other more productive endeavors anyway.
Yeah, that's very true. I do like to keep up on current events though, make sure the world isn't gone yet

But, just because we dont watch tv doesn't mean bad things aren't happening. I'd rather make sure I still have empathy from time to time than lock it out all together.

But, yes, more time for guitar is the best thing I could ask for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode