Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Obama - Officially next preident of the USA.

20K views 228 replies 65 participants last post by  Rodney James 
#1 ·
Obama - Officially next president of the USA.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/05/uselections20083

As of right now, 338 electoral votes to 155. Barack needed 270 to win.

I'm UK, but I'm very glad of the result...if not because of the landmark, but just because it means Palin isn't VP. The womans a menace to all intelligent thought IMO.

What are your views on the result?

#21 ·
Congrats on the new president, let's hope he can clear up Bush's mess. (I can't believe I just unintentionally made your new president sound like a tube of Vagisil.)

Anyway, at this rate Chris Rock will be running out of stand-up material since it's pretty damn obvious that race isn't an issue in this day and age.

Good luck Obama.

#24 ·
I honestly feel, 100%, that this is an incredibly positive thing to have happened, and not only am I incredibly proud to say President Obama, but I believe that he will be a beloved President when all is said and done. He is truly a special person, and I'm unshakable on that standing.

#32 ·
Yesterday americans turned a page in their and in the world's history.
For the first time in my life I saw the whole world united against a president.
It was like cutting out a tumour,a nasty tumour.
The whole world should means something.
For those who is thinking oh my god he's black ,let me tell you something =
BY BRAINS FOR GOD SAKE !
Before Bush everybody wanted to live in USA,it was the most adored place but Bush made americans look like the worst people on planet!
White,black,yellow,red,purple it doesn't matter cause ANYTHING is better than Bush.
Obviously Obama won't do everything he said cause you know,he's a politician but still
thank god the world is free of those MOTHER ****ERS!
Now USA will be back to a place everybody want to live and we all hope the end of that stupid and nonsense war.
I was watching tv last night and thinking I can't believe some brainless people still want Bush !
How could this be ?
Americans the whole world is applauding you !

#33 ·
For the first time in my life I saw the whole world united against a president.
The main reason Obama won?

Whatever, he's charismatic, young (why can't he be 'the youngest US president' instead of 'the blackest US president'?), intelligent, articulate, and progressive. Most importantly, he bears no resemblance whatsoever to Dubya. I'm probably excited about a US election for the first time ever, and I'm impressed to finally see the democratic process in action rather than the usual ho-hum attitude adopted on polling day.

At the same time, I feel a bit sorry for McCain, who is reputedly a truly decent man. It's a shame he was seen as filling Dubya's shoes. Anyway, he should be enjoying his retirement ;)*

*Nelson Mandela comments not considered inappropriate here.

#35 · (Edited)
In one fell swoop we have made the divide in our country that much smaller. We have gained the respect of the world by looking at a black man and only seeing a man. Now all men who are created equal can look at each other and stand as equals. United we now stand, fore divided we had fallen. There is a reality to all things in this new chapter of American history. :)

What we have racially been battling for years is not erased, but lightened up a bit. As a result now, all parents regardless of race, creed, or color can look into the innocent and hopeful eyes of their beloved children and defiantly cry out that "Yes you can", and not only can you, but now you are expected to!!! :)

Thank you America and all her children for making possible everything to everyone! If this sounds like a pat on the back it is, because now we deserve it...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.