Oh my neck... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Oh my neck...

I don't even know what the hell happend to me. A few days ago, I woke up with a pretty kickin' neck cramp.

Well, it's been getting a little bit better.

So, I have a friend who is a massage therapist, and I go see her every once in a while. Well, I went to see her today, and she worked on my neck. She has majorly strong hands. She didn't even charge me anything. I thought that was pretty nice of her.

Now I'm not so sure. I can't even move my head but about 2 inches to the left or right. My traps are killing me, too. I think I finally know what whiplash feels like.

So I can't really do anything except walk around and look straight ahead at things. I'm sure it looks pretty funny.

So I decide to go pick up my guitar and play since I can't really do anything else (checking blind spots in my car is out of the question).

Bad idea. Forget about looking at the neck (not my neck, the guitar neck). The only comfortable position is looking straight ahead at nothing, or a wall, or my dog. If I try to look down, that is where it gets even funnier.

I sat and played for a while looking down. It felt okay. Well, guess what? Now I can't look up. Now I have to walk around looking at my feet. I think the only thing I can probably do now is type!

Believe it or not, this is actually kind of amusing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:52 PM

Re: Oh my neck...

I got in a car accident one time and got whiplash and I had to keep my head tilted to the left for about two weeks before the pain went away. I imagine that looked funny.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm sure I look ridiculous right now.

I'll probaby be getting more whiplash tomorrow night watching the UFC62 Liddell vs Sobral.

For all of you fans out there, Dana White (the UFC President) announced a FREE rematch on Spike TV between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock on October 10th.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:13 PM

Hey homie!!
Hope the neck feels better.. I fell off a horse yesterday.. I was riding bareback.. Thank GOD for helmets... haha.. My neck is pretty stiff, too, though not as much as yours.... I hope it works itself out!!!

Get well soon!
~ Katrina
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Wow. Be careful on horses. I grew up out in the middle of nowhere. I mean nowhere. My neighbor had like 5000 acres. We had a bunch of horses (among other things).

I couldn't stand riding with a saddle, I always rode bareback. I would go out to the bars or clubs, and come home and grab a horse and ride it around bareback to impress the chicks! At last call, I'd be like "Wanna go ride a horse?" A lot of them took it the wrong way...

Anyway...

It wasn't hard riding them bareback, it was trying to catch them (the horses, not the chicks). But, you can't do a wheelie on a horse bareback.

Last edited by jaxadam; 08-25-2006 at 11:25 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

The necks not really too bad. It just only likes to be in one position, and I thought it was pretty funny that I tried to jam for a little while, and my neck kinda got stuck that way. It's working its way out of it, now.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
At last call, I'd be like "Wanna go ride a horse?" A lot of them took it the wrong way...

Anyway...
BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!
THat is sooo hilarious!!

I'd be like YEYEAH!! and hop on the horse! Bareback is the BEST!

~ Katrina
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 02:14 AM

I've done this to my neck a few times, always sucks but it straightens out, for me in about 2 days. So then I guess the Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva thing isn't going to happen then.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 06:45 AM

Always weird, when you can't even figure out how you did it (been there)!
Like Gilk said though, mine always worked itself out in a couple days.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420 View Post
I've done this to my neck a few times, always sucks but it straightens out, for me in about 2 days. So then I guess the Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva thing isn't going to happen then.

Yup. If Chuck wins tonight, they're fighting in October.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 01:49 PM

Hey, how's your neck feeling today? Any improvement since you slept on it??

~ Katrina
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina View Post
Hey, how's your neck feeling today? Any improvement since you slept on it??

~ Katrina
- careful sleeping ON your neck. Maybe that's your problem

I used to race motocross. I got tangled in a couple riders on the fast part of the track and went down. Damn near tore my head off

My neck is kinda screwed for life now, but a have a great chiropractor. He does wonders for me. A once a month visit keeps me pain free!

If I go longer than a month problems begin again. Sounds like you just have a kink, but it wouldn't hurt to see (a good) chiropractor.

They won me over

Good luck anyhow.....pains in the neck are a drag!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Yup. If Chuck wins tonight, they're fighting in October.
Sorry to redirect this thread, but is Chuck fighting Babalu TONIGHT? I was wondering when it was...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Yup, it's tonight. I'm actually looking forward to a better UFC than the last one.

Stephan Bonnar and Griffin will be a good one, too.

Chuck looked pretty dehydrated at weigh-in yesterday. I'm curious to see what shape he'll be in tonight.

I think it's going to be an overall good fight tonight, unlike last time.

I also think it's pretty cool that Dana White is offering a free rematch with Ken and Tito.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Dude, that was total bull**** again...

I have a feeling the UFC is gonna turn into the WWF soon.

Sobral was barely phased, and they stopped the fight.

What a shame... Another good sport is going down the drain...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode