OK guys, time to break a record! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Exclamation OK guys, time to break a record!

I was looking at the forum page here on jemsite, and found out that the most users ever online was 610, on the 16th of November 2006, at 06:44 AM. This record was apparently made over a 24 hour period.

So who wants to be a part of breaking that record?

I'll leave this up so that enough people can see it, and then we can organise a date/time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM

Re: OK guys, time to break a record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuit View Post
I was looking at the forum page here on jemsite, and found out that the most users ever online was 610, on the 16th of November 2006, at 06:44 AM. This record was apparently made over a 24 hour period.

So who wants to be a part of breaking that record?

I'll leave this up so that enough people can see it, and then we can organise a date/time!
610 is the number of people that was online at the same time right, not over a 24h period.

Either way I don't see this record being broke anytime soon, there is just not as much people logging in these days...

But hey, if enough people are interested then count me in.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Create a thread where you state date and time for when you will give away a ton of guitars, random draw among the ones online. I won't be there, don't really see the need to set a record.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 03:41 AM

Is there even 610 people who visit this forum anymore? It seems like most users just sign up to validate chibanez's.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:34 AM

Or steal swirling information.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
It seems like most users just sign up to validate chibanez's.
Name change to Cynic Robb required......

...or to complain about how many black models there are....
...or to complain about prices of limited runs ....
...or to moan about Les Pauls and how the QC ain't what it used to be back in my day, you know, they used to send a technician out whenever they sold you a guitar and they'd set it up perfectly for you and you used to get lifetime tickets to Kalamazoo for every time you needed a string change but then they went and moved the plant away from Kalamazoo and it all fell apart and did you see that they've done funny things with the colours and the guitars tune themselves now and that can't be good for you never mind what they've done with the neck profiles and how much they charge just to copy a guitar that's paid for itself a million times over and should be given away with every Epiphone purchase you make and Epis are actually much better than Gibsons now in fact they're almost as good as the guitars a luthier friend of mine makes and .....
... don't get me started on Fender.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Joel Lyndgohrd, good point.

The Euphor, not gonna happen mate.

Lefty Robb, again, another good point.

Clonetool, if you say so lol.

DavyH, ummmm whatever it was you said... good job. lol
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 05:20 AM

I will be serious though for a sec, I think its impossible due to time zones. You could say, OK everyone come on at 5pmest, but as you can see people are in Australia, Africa, England, West coast, yeah, its just not going to happen, one persons 5pm is anothers 3am. I ran into this issue playing WoW, we had a lot of people in Australia, so of course my play time was like 11pm to 4 am just to have enough people for a 10 man raid, never mind a 40 man MC or BWL run.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 10:30 AM

Reviews: 21

11/16/06?

Wasn't that around when the RG500 20th's were leaked?

Most forums have activity cycles. I think things will turn back up for Jemsite.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
. . .
...or to moan about Les Pauls and how the QC ain't what it used to be back in my day, you know, they used to send a technician out whenever they sold you a guitar and they'd set it up perfectly for you and you used to get lifetime tickets to Kalamazoo for every time you needed a string change but then they went and moved the plant away from Kalamazoo and it all fell apart and did you see that they've done funny things with the colours and the guitars tune themselves now and that can't be good for you never mind what they've done with the neck profiles and how much they charge just to copy a guitar that's paid for itself a million times over and should be given away with every Epiphone purchase you make and Epis are actually much better than Gibsons now in fact they're almost as good as the guitars a luthier friend of mine makes and .....
... don't get me started on Fender.
LOL! That was funny.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

So I guess we'll wait until a new design JEM is released.

Tags
jemsite , maximum , online , record , users

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode