Online Classified / Auction Site Buying - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Online Classified / Auction Site Buying

Have you ever found that ellusive item in an online fs ad or on the popular auction website? You look at the pics and there is a pile of crusty dirty laundry, or some other nastiness in the background - a computer desk stacked with plates and cups and an overflowing ashtray, cigarette smoke stained walls, or an unmade bed with dirty dishes under it.

You think "how could someone live like that," and "I wonder what the [guitar case] smells like?" Now comes the challenge, do you really want to buy that item? I mean supposedly, they "take really good care of my [their] stuff."

I'm not even going to touch the reflections of nude dudes taking pics of the junk they're selling.

I always go the extra mile - clean up the item for sale and make sure that all of my dirty dishes are in the sink or dishwasher, and always clean up (or move out of the way) the dirty catbox (btw, I don't have a cat or a catbox) from the background of the picture..or at least try to give the impression that I am not a complete slob. Oh and the classic sock / foot in the picture move.

Am I alone? Does anyone else notice this as frequently as I do or am I a neat freak or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:19 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Online Classified / Auction Site Buying

No, you're not the neat freak, it just amazes me that some of these people can't see some of the details you mentioned.
I always try to pick an area that if anyone goes CSI on the pic, they'll only see a handful of commonplace items like carpet or couch & tables, and with any time, i make sure there are no kid's fingerprints etc on them.

(I do love the tea kettle pic with the reflection of the fat guy in it.)

Some people just live like pigs, and others, not so much. *shrugs*
I guess it's what you're used to.
Amazing what we as humans can get used to, isn't it?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:26 PM

I think a little experience with photography would help some Theres times where you get a pic back and think "i wish i hadn't got that in there" so next time it makes you think. I was recently commented in another thread my room was really tidy, but i was honest enough to admit that it was arranged that way

Of course.......on the other hand some people are just lost causes
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Theres times where you get a pic back and think "i wish i hadn't got that in there"
I am not a photographer, so I thank god for digital cameras every day! That way I know what I am going to get. Besides that, I still have boxes of photos that have never been organized.

I'm glad someone finally responded to this. I was beginning to think I was alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode