Opinions on paintball guns? I'm buying one soon. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
Opinions on paintball guns? I'm buying one soon.

Hey guys, I've been looking into buying a RAP4 M4 paintball gun with 3 clips from a local guy on craigslist for 400$. Is that a good deal, and what do you think about that gun?
My current gun is a Tippmann 98 Custom, and I just want a better gun, (I also want the m4 cuz it looks 100% real)

The big concern of mine is the size of the paintball at .43 as opposed to .63

Will the smaller ball make a huge difference?

Last question, is this gun safe and legal to use in pretty much any paintball course?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Opinions on paintball guns? I'm buying one soon.

i don't know much about paintball guns, but tippman is really good. i went paint balling the other day and it was so much fun
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 05:22 PM

well i cant comment about the value for money, but from what ive gathered from my years of playing, the M4 (and other similar types) replicas look the part, but dont even begin to compare to the likes of Angels, ****ers, Timmy's, etc.

as for the caliber - you will find the .63 caliber paintballs more readily available than the .43. this means you will more than likely have to supply your own if u go to a local site. and some sites arent happy abt that, because paintballs is where all of their profit comes from. it probably wont have as good a range as you're used to due to it being smaller, therefore lighter, therefore less momentum, etc etc.

is it safe and legal to use? well im guessing your rules are the same as ours, which means when its fired through/over a chronograph, it should register no more than 300fps, but ideally 270fps is the preferred number, just incase you get a spike in the pressure.

the best thing you can do is phone the place that you're looking at going to play with ur new marker, and ask them whether they'll let you walk on with your own kit, whether they'll chrono it for you, whether they'll refill ur CO2/O2, whether they're happy for you to bring ur own paint with you, etc etc.

and as a personal thing - things like the M4 replica are great it you're playing the proper scenario games, and want to look like proper army, etc. if you're looking at playing with your own kit and just want to get better, play tournaments, etc, id steer faaaaaaaaaar away from that kinda thing and buy one of the types i mentioned near the top!!

rich
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 PM

Reviews: 4

I'd say screw the looks and go for functionality. When you're getting pelted in woodsball, the last thing you're complaining about is "That dude's marker doesn't look like a real gun!"

The Tippmans look cool anyway, especially if you mod them out. I have a full-auto A5 that's just insane. I never got the Flatline though.

And my trick knee twisting about every time makes playing problematic.

And the dudes I played with were less than socially pleasant.

Sheesh! Why'd I drop over half a grand on paintball crap again?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11

Idk guys.....I'm going to check out the rap 4 today I may buy it.......we'll see!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Reviews: 37

buy a co2 refill station off ebray for 50.00
get a tank from a gases supplier 100.00 filled up.
never pay for co2 again.

Tags
gun , paintball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode