Orlando forumites, I'm looking for your advice - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Orlando forumites, I'm looking for your advice

Hey Orlando guys, I need some advice.

I'm planning a family trip early January in Orlando. This time no Disney (that was last year's trip), we're looking at seeing Universal Studios, some shopping, going to Cape Canaveral & see the beaches (I bet it's too cold for swimming?) but would be cool to at least to have a good walk near the ocean.

Any advice? Places we should see? Restos we should eat at?

We found a resort with a decently priced family suite (3 bedrooms) for quite cheap in the Lake Buena Vista area.

Hope to hear from some of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 AM

Smile Re: Orlando forumites, I'm looking for your advice

salut JB,

la rue en face de Universal studio, mil y a un Days inn ou Holiday inn à 50-60$ la nuit.
poue ce qui est des restaurent, tu vas avoir l'embarras du choix sur le boulevard principale.
Ya le gros Hard Rock aussi $$, mais tu l'as surement déjà vu!
Si tu vas à Island of adventure(prix spécial si tu veux faire les 2 parcs dans la même journée) attention au jeu Popeye, tu vas être un peu pal mal Humide.
Pour ce qui est des plage, ça risque d'être un peu froid.dans les 20-25c.

Bon voyage!!
Pascal
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 08:04 AM

Thumbs up Re: Orlando forumites, I'm looking for your advice

reSalut,
l'hotel que je te parle, ils ont un service de navette qui t'emporte Universal et à Walt Disney et c'est gratuit. il faut juste que tu t'informe de l'heure qu'elle passe.

Pascal
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Re: Orlando forumites, I'm looking for your advice

Merci l'ami!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 AM

Lots of cool places in downtown Orlando to eat. I can ask one of my friends some of the stuff she recommends.

Your best bet for the beach might be just to head over to Daytona. Lots of stuff to do over there as well. You could also check out Tampa/St. Pete. Nice beaches over there.

You're probably a little more than an hours drive to St. Augustine, but that's a really cool area to check out.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks jaxaman!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

Reviews: 39

Hey jaxadam, just curious, since were on topic, were Seaside's beaches hurt by the oil? Last time I was down there (obviously before the oil) they were white was the driven snow. Breathtaking.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicProvocateur View Post
Hey jaxadam, just curious, since were on topic, were Seaside's beaches hurt by the oil? Last time I was down there (obviously before the oil) they were white was the driven snow. Breathtaking.
I'm not too sure about Seaside, but I was in Destin a few weeks ago, and there were absolutely no problems there.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 AM

Clearwater beach is always nice, and its had a fresh makeover in the past couple years.
Otherwise St. Pete Beach/Treasure Island is nice too. Enjoy!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 AM

was lucky enough to visit St Pete's, Bradenton etc a few years back. Truly beautiful - would love to live there one day..
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 AM
DJR

spent most of the 90's in the Central Florida area (mostly to escape the UK! but business too) and as already mentioned, Daytona Beach is a short 45 minute drive from the Orlando area. As for eating, you'll pretty much find everything you need on route 192 (Kissimmee). In fact, if you're into wildlife, etc, take a drive East on 192 until you see a big white Cobra and visit the Reptile House there (a place most people miss!). It's just after St. Cloud... and the 192 goes right out to Melbourne which is also a really nice beach area, just south of Daytona Bch.

Some typically good places to eat on the 192/Kissimmee: Tony Roma's Ribs, Outback Steakhouse, Kobe Steakhouse, not to mention some of the nicest and cleanest Denny's Diners in the country! 24hr eating too.

The Florida Mall on Orange Blossom Trail is good for shopping, as are all the Brandname Outlets on Int. Drive, although the rest of that area is a bit of a tourist trap and the new Hard Rock Cafe smack bang in the middle of it. Downtown Disney is a cool vibe at night.

Man... I could go on... miss the place!! I escaped the UK again and currently reside too far north in MA lol

Have fun
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help everyone. This trip is going to be fun!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-04-2010, 01:41 PM

If you are at universal I like Tchoup chop (Emerils)

http://www.emerils.com/restaurant/7/...s-Tchoup-Chop/

Tags
january , orlando , vacation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode