OT: Comcast Woes - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

OT: Comcast Woes

My friend got a call from Comcast and was told to contact them immediately. It's regarding a monthly bandwidth limit. I uploaded it to various sites, just in case. My favorite part was when less than 650 GB turned into 1 TB.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bpimxfzxdlg
http://rapidshare.com/files/12827275...mmed_.mp3.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CHZ875E9

Feel free to pass this on to anyone you see fit. The more it gets spread, the better. It just goes to show you how much of a horrible company Comcast is. They refuse to be specific in their policy, and they're WELL known for throttling connections (i.e. Sandvine), basically destroying any network neutrality. I urge anyone who's a current member to think twice about their service. After all, there is a reason why their customer service is constantly rated as some of the lowest in the business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 06:35 AM

Re: OT: Comcast Woes

Talk about talking in circles!! I was dizzy just listening to that. You would think they work for the government the way he danced around the questions
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 06:49 AM

Seems like this isn't a new issue with Comcast : http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...mcast_ban.html
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, the issue isn't exactly new, but the way they handled the situation is beyond horrible. In their policy, they list excessive bandwidth as, "not characteristic of a typical residential user of the Service as determined by the company in its sole discretion." So basically, they can just make up some random number and terminate you. It's pretty funny (and sad) how they wouldn't let him speak to someone else, as well. I figured that, while there are reports out there of various mishandlings with the company, I was never able to find any actual recorded phone calls. I'm personally hoping this gets out more and people start googling about it. You'll see that users (as you linked above) have been falsely accused of "bandwidth hording" and been kicked for MUCH lower bandwidth usage.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM

Reviews: 3

They're are really the worst. I can't wait till I can get Verizon Firewire. A big shot for them lives down the street, and even he had problems with them. When you add a cable modem far from the main line into your house, your t.v. signal gets week. They gave me the run around, and basically are full of crap.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 10:30 AM

Back in my residential days I had to deal with their in field techs all the time. One guy came out to install a cable box and he plugged the incomming coax into the out put of the cable box. The customer was on the phone with tech support for half an hour before I got there and fixed it. I was there for another job, the worst part was the box is clearly labeled "coax in" and "out to TV". Usually we would prewire for the comcast guy so he could just come in plug his box into out pre labeled and connected wires and activate the box, they would still mess that up. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with one Comcast tech because I left the customers house after I wired for the Comcast guy. It turns out he was using the wrong remote control. In Lake County they have a guy they send out who is a deaf-mute. The only way he can communicate with the customers is by writing things down and making them write down their questions.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:35 PM

The name of the thread doesn't fit. Call it Comcast Customer Woes, or; I hate Monopolies!

Cable companies are granted limitied monopolies. Sadly, it's the consumer who ends up being monopolized. In a simialr way, the so-called public utilities enjoy immunity from outright banishment from an otherwise shrewd buying public 'cause we have few, if any alternatives.

In our area of Detroit, we have Wide Open West, Comcast, DISH, and AT&T, amongst others. It may seem like there's a choice there but, their rates are all a nickle or a dimes (based on the limited promotion) difference from each other. They all use the same infrastructure (except the DISH co's).

Comcast is at least 1/2 decent in their support dept. to the customer. It's the so-called "public" utilities that are the most defiant, snotty, and downright obstinate to customer complaints. I don't call their service department, I call their Public Relations Department. It's the only way to get them to respond.

They got us by the short hairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

JP morse guitar comcast
[email protected]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode