Other NAMM offerings? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21
Other NAMM offerings?

Anyone else watching other companies for what they might have coming out this week?
Just curious. We're all very Ibanez-intensive around here.
Not sure if this is in the right section, either....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 PM

Re: Other NAMM offerings?

I'm sure there will be lots of nice offerings from other companies. It will interesting to see reports of the Robot Gibson, hands on reviews of the New Carvin guitars AND other Carvin amps that should be debuting.

I love this time of year and the excitement associated with NAMM.

Last edited by screamndemon69; 01-15-2008 at 09:01 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:22 PM

Here's a pretty good link to a trhead in the Seymour Duncan forum that has some of their new stuff in it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...d.php?t=129105

One thing to note - Jemsite member Frank Falbo has been working for Duncan for about a year now, and one of the products they are launching is his "P-Rail" hybrid P90 and Rail pickup. He actually showed me the prototypes he'd originally built in his basement several months before going there when he still lived up here in Illinois, so it's really cool to see them coming out. ESP has a new guitar that has them stock, too.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
Here's a pretty good link to a trhead in the Seymour Duncan forum that has some of their new stuff in it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/s...d.php?t=129105

One thing to note - Jemsite member Frank Falbo has been working for Duncan for about a year now, and one of the products they are launching is his "P-Rail" hybrid P90 and Rail pickup. He actually showed me the prototypes he'd originally built in his basement several months before going there when he still lived up here in Illinois, so it's really cool to see them coming out. ESP has a new guitar that has them stock, too.
Frank said they had some very special stuff coming out this year and was a little secretive about what it was. If someone knows what is happening for NAMM Frank would be the guy for sure
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Wow- an LP with a Floyd!!

Never thought I'd see that in production. Interesting to see how this is taken by the purists and who might be associated with it first
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 PM

Suhr's 24 fret model, many effects builders...
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

Not that is is really big NAMM news but the new Standard US Strats have new finishes for the bodies and necks and they went back to the old style trems (no block style saddles unless you get a Deluxe ). My local store already has a few Strats and a Tele with these new changes.

* I got an email from Fender today talking about the new American Strats/Teles ect. The local store got them in about a week ago. Fender does things alot differently than Ibanez did releasing stuff before NAMM. I guess since the news isn't "WOW!!! news", they just put the new products out ASAP.

Last edited by screamndemon69; 01-17-2008 at 10:55 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 PM

I'm curious to see the Alex Lifeson model. I know I won't buy it, but just curious.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:34 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Wow- an LP with a Floyd!!

Never thought I'd see that in production. Interesting to see how this is taken by the purists and who might be associated with it first
Neal Schon has been playing one for awhile. He was a special guest when G3 was here in Nashville time before last and played the ebony one...
http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/pr...NealSchon.html
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

He's one of the only guys I've ever seen with one. I saw him with Journey about 6 1/2yrs ago with that guitar.

I just didn't think it would EVER make it into production. LP purists are usually very touchy when it comes to messing with their beloved stop tail design
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
He's one of the only guys I've ever seen with one. I saw him with Journey about 6 1/2yrs ago with that guitar.

I just didn't think it would EVER make it into production. LP purists are usually very touchy when it comes to messing with their beloved stop tail design
Yeah, I remember seeing that guitar at the Journey show when they were through a few years ago. Was he playing the Hiwatt amps when you saw him?He did here in Nashville. He had 6 Hiwatt half stacks and they sounded soooo good!!!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm pretty sure Alex Lifeson was playing a Floyd egquipped LP on this last tour, too.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 21

I wonder if putting IN the Floyd made the LP lighter?
I thought it was a Epiphone, not a Gibson. Same difference...I know....
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpenguins View Post
I'm pretty sure Alex Lifeson was playing a Floyd egquipped LP on this last tour, too.
He was, as he ditched his PRSs for the tour.

Tags
alex lifeson , carvin guitars , frank falbo , neal schon , randy rhoads , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode