p w n e d !!! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

p w n e d !!!

Victim Will Get to Blind the Man Who Blinded Her

Quote:
Madrid, Spain (CNN)- An Iranian woman living in Spain is welcoming a Tehran court ruling that awards her eye-for-an-eye justice against a suitor who blinded her.

In a Spanish radio interview, she says her aim isn't revenge -- it's to make sure her suffering isn't repeated.

Ameneh Bahrami was blinded and disfigured in 2004 when a man she had spurned threw acid on her. Late last year, an Iranian court reportedly ruled that Islamic justice calls for the attacker to be blinded with acid, too.

But the victim says she is entitled to blind Majid Movahedi in only one eye, because under Iranian law "each man is worth two women."

She also says he would be blinded by having several drops of acid put into one eye, whereas she had acid splashed all over her face and other parts of her body.

She says she's waiting for a letter from the court telling her to go back to Iran for the punishment to be carried out.

Bahrami tells CNN she first crossed paths with her attacker Movahedi in 2002, when they attended the same university. She was a 24-year-old electronics student. He was 19. She never noticed him until they shared a class. He sat next to her one day and brushed up against her. Bahrami says she knew it wasn't an accident.

"I moved away from him," she said, "but he brushed up against me again." When Bahrami stood up in class and screamed for him to stop, Movahedi just looked at her in stunned silence. Bahrami said that over the next two years, Movahedi kept harassing her and making threats, even as he asked her to marry him.

Then one day she was leaving work and he snuck up behind her. When she turned around he threw acid on her face.
Niiiiiice! Sweet justice brother.

btw: why is "p w n e d", minus the spaces a banned word here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:28 PM

Re: p w n e d !!!

Because only 12 year old gamers and 400 pound dudes who hide cheetos under their man-boobs use it.

And yeah, I read that yesterday in the news, crazy huh? Awful nice of the government of Spain to support her huh?
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:58 PM

Reviews: 22

Dang, sounds like a deathcore song..... Eaten by acid.

Hearing him scream, will not bring back her former self....might be good ending a chapter though.

Strange how laws change from place to place.

Mybe a rule on gear theft should be created.

"Steal an Epiphone,lose a finger....Steal a Jem, Death!
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Reviews: 21

There's far too much sexual repression with some people.
Dude! She doesn't like you! Deal and drive on! But noooooo! He has to throw acid in the girl's face.
If you ask me, it's like the little kid in class who punches a girl because he likes her and can't process those feelings, only taken horribly too far!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 PM

No, it's just that women aren't seen as humans over there, they are just basically animals like any other livestock. To be traded, sold, possessed, etc. If you read the news article on this, she lost both her eyes but the court ruled that she could only blind him in one eye because two woman's eyes are only worth one man's eye as they are only half the value of a man.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM

They should just modify it a bit . . . in Spain a woman is worth the same as a man - give her a jar of acid and have her go to town.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 PM

Well at least he didnt behead her!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 AM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen3615 View Post
Well at least he didnt behead her!
idk id rather be beheaded then blind =/
but i have heard that when ur blind ur other senses compensate =)
it would have made me a better guitarist ha
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
I read that yesterday in the news, crazy huh?
That whole thing is crazy in every sense from start to finish.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 AM

You can't fix violence and suffering with more violence and suffering, this is a little extreme
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilkyBear View Post
No, it's just that women aren't seen as humans over there, they are just basically animals like any other livestock. To be traded, sold, possessed, etc. If you read the news article on this, she lost both her eyes but the court ruled that she could only blind him in one eye because two woman's eyes are only worth one man's eye as they are only half the value of a man.
Yup! I know. Very old-school old-testament kind of stuff.
I know you've been in that environment for a while. Do you think it'll ever change, Gilky?
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Yup! I know. Very old-school old-testament kind of stuff. I know you've been in that environment for a while. Do you think it'll ever change, Gilky?
the eye for an eye thing is old testiment. The owning women as property, as you would a dog, is not Biblical.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Its just that culture, I dont think it said you could kill your wife in the old testament tho...
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen3615 View Post
Its just that culture, I dont think it said you could kill your wife in the old testament tho...
Actually, it did! Read the Deutoronomy...particularly chapters 22-25.
I don't have time to check, but I'm pretty sure there are many instances of wife ownership and the stoning of women in the Bible!
Men ran the show AND wrote the Bible back in the day. That's just how it was. OUR own concept of "owning" wives didn't change until the last centruy.
Ever hear of the concept of a dowry? Many Christians kept up the practice until the last 100 years or so.
The problem is the ME has yet to change from the old ways.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:19 AM

There are cultures on this planet that are as different from each other as night and day. I read some of these stories in the news and wonder if bumping into Martians could possibly be worse. I agree with Jono and Scottie, the whole thing is beyond sad, nearly beyond comprehension.
jim777 is online  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode