Paypal e-cheque issue. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Paypal e-cheque issue.

I just had someone buy a Nice Carvin from me with BIN on ebay.
He/she has paid through Paypal with an e-cheque. I've never dealt with this kind of payment before so I called Paypal and they say once its cleared (about 7 days ) the money will be put into my account and as long as I send the item with tracking I will be covered.
The buyers ebay account has zero feedback and it states that the buyer is based in Bangladesh. I mentioned this to the paypal guy and he says as long as the funds clear and I post with tracking I'll be fully covered.

Anyone ever had this before.

The delivery address is in the UK btw and so am I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:53 PM

Re: Paypal e-cheque issue.

Shipping to a country other than the address attached to the buyers account voids seller protection from chargebacks does it not?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't do it. I've done 200+ transactions and never been scammed because I side on being paranoid
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Vendor

You must wait until it clears. As long as it clears and you ship to the Paypal registered address you should be fine. That's where you are covered by the seller protection. And as an echeck he has no card protection so Paypal would not be likely to side with him in a dispute.

Of course if you'd rather not take the chance you can always refund it, cancel the sale, and tell them it's just too far outside the box for you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

The account is attached to the UK address and I'm totally paranoid about anything that makes me twitch. I've had another offer else ware for £50 less than the asking price + the guy will pay cash on collection so I may just cut my losses and do that deal instead.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You must wait until it clears. As long as it clears and you ship to the Paypal registered address you should be fine. That's where you are covered by the seller protection. And as an echeck he has no card protection so Paypal would not be likely to side with him in a dispute.

Of course if you'd rather not take the chance you can always refund it, cancel the sale, and tell them it's just too far outside the box for you.
Ah now that changes things.
Thanks Rich
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

The only thing that worries me is if he tries to claim it got damaged in the post and paypal give him a refund before he sends it back. I've heard a few stories of this happening.
Is this a possibility?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Well the e-cheque failed to complete today, no big surprise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode