PayPal Theives? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Question PayPal Theives?

I've been reading up about PayPal around the net, and have read some pretty unsettling stories about PayPal stealing money, making unauthorized withdrawals, etc., and I'm understandably alarmed about it, seeing as how I use it for pretty much every online transaction I've ever made.

You guys ever heard anything like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 04:17 PM

Re: PayPal Theives?

No ! tell us more .
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:07 PM

'Till yet i have had never problems with Paypal, tell us more.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Tell me more, tell me more ! did you get very far?

Tell me more, tell me more, like does he have a car?

Aha, aha, aha.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/

This site may have just been made to scare people out of using PayPal, but I honestly don't know.

PayPal can be agonizingly slow when transferring funds into your account, but that's the only problem I've ever had.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:57 PM

I would be very skeptical about that site you posted. They have 'Click Here For Our PayPal Alternative' links throughout the site and they link to one specific competitor website.
That aboutpaypal.org site is probably run by that competitor to spread bad stories that may very well be fake about Paypal. Whois info for aboutpaypal.org lists third party whois blocker info. Both domains are at least hosted on the same dns servers.

Anyway I've also been using Paypal for years and haven't had any problem so far (knock on wood.. :P)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Vendor

www.paypalsucks.com
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I think I understand now.

Stupid me!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
yea, there's a "sucks" site for everything these days. i've been using paypal since it's inception, and have yet to encounter one problem. i have a paypal debit card that has served me well also. be smart, make sure the addresses you ship to are confirmed and be careful what countries you deal with. a LOT of the problems or perceived problems with paypal stem from their customer service (or lack there of) before **** purchased them. i remember horror stories back then too. don't get me wrong, bad stuff can happen, but i think things are better than they used to be.

here's a tip though. if you are uncomfortable with them, don't let your money sit in their account. i get the money in my bank account the second it hits. i feel safer when my money is in my bank. just my 2 cents.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 03:44 AM

Reviews: 3

I have to say I've only had one issue with paypal, although a pretty large one.
Over two years ago I sold a power amp and preamp on the bay, and received the payment on paypal. Everything seemed very normal, the auction ended on a friday, and I of course would not ship until all payments cleared. Pretty typical overal. Well, of course with the weekend coming the payments did not clear till the following wednesday, I think. So I ship off said items, and a day or two later I'm getting emails from a buyer demanding to know why everything is taking so long. I've dealt with hasty people before, so I responded promptly, giving a tracking number. I shipped the items regular insured ground shipping(as stated) and on day 14 I think I get a dispute with paypal. the buyer contacted the other buyer so they could both dispute (mind you the shipping was 7-10 BUSINESS days, not actual days). So of course long story short they both received items exactly as listed(after one left a negative feedback claiming I was a thief, one left a positive "great *bayer!!) So I think the dispute should be dropped right?...NOPE. I called paypal time and time again, and not a single rep or anybody would help...they basically just kept saying to send in a check or authorize a payment of $500 or so. I contacted the chief complainant, who informed me he dropped the dispute. Unfortunately to make a long story short nothing was ever done to aid me...so my account was locked rendering my multiple positive **** feedbacks useless. I eventually give up on the paypal deal, say **** it and move on. Well, I go on there a couple weeks ago and what do you know, not only is the account locked...I now owe about a thousand dollars or so, and have been informed a collection agency has been contacted. Multiple more emails later and nothing. I just opened a new account and still use paypal...but am furious. I basically just told them I have Zero intention of ever paying a thousand dollars for an issue that should not exist in the first place.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:11 PM

that's f----d

Tags
power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode