PETA did what?! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

PETA did what?!

It killed 95% of the adoptable pets in its care (at its headquarters in Virginia, in 2008 ), that's what.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/258

"According to public records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 2,124 pets last year and placed only seven in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 21,339 dogs and cats have died at the hands of PETA workers."

I'm not a PETA fan or follower, but I have to say I was surprised, seems more than a little hypocritical to me given all their rhetoric about animal "rights".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Banned

Re: PETA did what?!

i lost my dog 2-3 weeks ago.he was found by the council dog catcher who took him to a cat n dog pound 5-6 miles away.i had to pay 40 to get him out,he was only there 1 day.anyways i was told by someone that you only have 1 week to reclaim your dog,after 1 week they try to sell your dog,if dog isnt sold after a few weeks its put to sleep.i was furious to shell out 40 after all he was only there over night,but thats disgracefull putting them to sleep if not sold or claimed.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 AM

The PETA headquarters in Virginia are on the water (I think on the James River). The local rock station FM99's morning show used to hold annual PETA fishing tournaments right off their location. I always thought that was funny.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
It killed 95% of the adoptable pets in its care (at its headquarters in Virginia, in 2008 ), that's what.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/press...fm/release/258

"According to public records from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, PETA killed 2,124 pets last year and placed only seven in adoptive homes. Since 1998, a total of 21,339 dogs and cats have died at the hands of PETA workers."

I'm not a PETA fan or follower, but I have to say I was surprised, seems more than a little hypocritical to me given all their rhetoric about animal "rights".
This by no means is "new" news.....and just one of the many highly publicized/televised hypocricies in our world today....
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:23 PM

PETA absolutely disgusts me.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt142 View Post
This by no means is "new" news.....and just one of the many highly publicized/televised hypocricies in our world today....
If it's new to me, it's new enough
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM

Reviews: 2

There is a site called, "PETA kills animals," that really shows up muc there kill. Especially when Vets in the same area have around 70ish% adoption rate. Peta is and always has been about money.

I just don't understand how anybody can support PETA anymore. I mean they admitted in court that they have a freezer for storing corpses of the animals they kill...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM

Reviews: 22

That's seriously f'd up............if there was a way of convincing these idiots what they are doing.

only 7 animals in a year, i could place 7 animals in loving homes in my sleep.

Greed knows no bounds.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:26 PM

Reviews: 7

Wow... PETA is messed up.

Maybe if we stop eating "seakittens" they will stop killing poor innocent animals and start finding homes for them.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez777vbk View Post
i lost my dog 2-3 weeks ago.he was found by the council dog catcher who took him to a cat n dog pound 5-6 miles away.i had to pay 40 to get him out,he was only there 1 day.anyways i was told by someone that you only have 1 week to reclaim your dog,after 1 week they try to sell your dog,if dog isnt sold after a few weeks its put to sleep.i was furious to shell out 40 after all he was only there over night,but thats disgracefull putting them to sleep if not sold or claimed.
I think its a way of punishing irresponsible pet owners that let their pets run free and possibly be a danger to society.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM

Reviews: 21

Beware anytime any organization becomes "militant!"
IMO, that's usually when they have money and power; the things they REALLY want to protect!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
DJR

You know what? The world would be a much darker and more sinister place if it wasn't for organizations like PETA. I don't condone this particular news piece, but it's a shame that all the hard work that PETA and other organizations do to try and rid the world of seriously inhumane treatment to animals, wild or domestic, get's completely overshadowed by this kind of publicity. If you all disagree so much about the fact that they obviously had to humanely put to sleep a stack of "SOCIETY'S" castaways because the financial logistics are draining their objective of world wide awareness of inhumane treatment to animals, then next time you're passing a charity donation box for such organizations, dig deep and walk the walk before talking the talk.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 PM

Reviews: 22

DJR, i'm sure the world could be much darker and scarier, but i'd still hate to agree with all of their policies.

Placing 7 animals out of thousands???, i don't see how that they can justify even having that facility or running it other than to brag about their ability to fool most of their members.

Peta can fuss all they want about fur being evil, KFC killing chickens, and how everyone who isnt a member is cruel...But they have a ****** record going on.

(wonder what Cesar thinks?)

p.s Telling people to walk the walk online is useless.

Last edited by THEE HAMMER; 03-31-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: late night sassiness
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
You know what? The world would be a much darker and more sinister place if it wasn't for organizations like PETA. I don't condone this particular news piece, but it's a shame that all the hard work that PETA and other organizations do to try and rid the world of seriously inhumane treatment to animals, wild or domestic, get's completely overshadowed by this kind of publicity. If you all disagree so much about the fact that they obviously had to humanely put to sleep a stack of "SOCIETY'S" castaways because the financial logistics are draining their objective of world wide awareness of inhumane treatment to animals, then next time you're passing a charity donation box for such organizations, dig deep and walk the walk before talking the talk.
This has got to be one of the most ill-informed, non-thought out posts I've read in quite some time.

PETA has no interest in the safety, well-being, or placement, of any pet or animal that comes into their "inventory". They are nothing more than an organization that is the mouthpiece of a group attempting to prioritize an animal rights movement while grossly neglecting the welfare of animals that they could help in shelters, homes, rescues, etc.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 PM

they are all animal rights and whatnot, but their vice president is diabetic and has to use insulin...from pigs....
so, they say dont hurt animals (unless WE need em)

Tags
peta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode