The Photography Thread - Page 233 - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3481 of 3488 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:01 PM

Re: The Photography Thread

Wow! The distortion is really noticeable on the pictures of that guy. Good info!
belleswell likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3488 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:26 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

For sure. On this one it's more subtle but obvious once you see it...

For example at 50mm she has an exaggerated nose, jaw & forehead vs 70 nevermind 200. Too bad this series doesn't have 100mm, 135mm and 170mm comparisons but of the 6 photos above the least desirable ones (throwaways) are the 60>.
Distantshore and belleswell like this.
post #3483 of 3488 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 08:46 PM

So I got a sweet deal on a 70-200 2.8 IS last week. (I ended up with the version I since the II was a bit out of my $$ range). So I fired off a couple quick shots and then placed it on my tripod to do some more tests. Jumped in the shower, and when I came back out my 6 year old was looking through the back of the camera firing off shots. She had set up a scene with mixed fruit and focused and snapped away ( I had the camera in AV and auto ISO). This is the result, think I may be retiring soon lol: (Levels adjustment, noise removal and sharpening in LR only)
The Future by Timothy C, on Flickr
jemsite likes this.
post #3484 of 3488 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:01 AM
site founder 0% owner

OMG love it... that is awesome!!!! She's a natural (of course having good camera/glass never hurts!).
Distantshore likes this.
post #3485 of 3488 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
OMG love it... that is awesome!!!! She's a natural (of course having good camera/glass never hurts!).
lol. Thanks Glen. The amazing part is that I have my camera set for back button focus, and she remembered how to use it. Might be time to start looking for an old Rebel or 20D and let her have at it.
post #3486 of 3488 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 PM
site founder 0% owner

Lighter/smaller Rebel would be great eventually. My older cousin has a 20D he just took to Italy and wants to upgrade to a lighter camera, any recent Rebel or even Rebel SL would be a huge improvement. I shot my dad's Pentax spotomatic a lot as a kid (grade school) and the bodies & lenses were lighter back then. Still have it!
Distantshore likes this.
post #3487 of 3488 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 12:43 PM

Reviews: 2

Trout and Ducks - Two that are not often seen in the same pic

My Wife Revived This Bird After It Hit Our Window .
It's A Golden Crowned Kinglet.

Cardigan Corgi Puppy - River

Deer Browsing In Lily Pads

Red Bellied Woodpecker
Most pics of red bellied woodpeckers do not show the
small red area in the lower abdomen. This guy gave me
a quick glimpse.

Last edited by belleswell; 11-21-2017 at 09:36 AM.
post #3488 of 3488 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:10 PM
dex

Check this guy out. I've seen some of these places and his photos are better than real life.

Michael D Beckwith Photography

Last edited by dex; 02-17-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Tags
aperture , canon , flash , guitar collection , lens , morbid angel , nikon , parker guitars , paul gilbert , playing guitar , practice amp , solid state amp , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode