Pit, or Mini bikes and "motocross" - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Pit, or Mini bikes and "motocross"

Anyone ride "pit" or "mini" bikes? I have a small track and a Honda CRF80. Loads of fun. And less risky than when I was rippin around on a 250. The dirt is perfect. One day after a rain it's nice and workable. I groom the jumps after each ride. An 80cc and ruts on the jumps or a bad combination.

Last edited by Darin; 04-02-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Pit, or Mini bikes and "motocross"

It's not a "BIG" jump. But neither is it a big bike. And it's something to do when you hit a road block writing a song.

Laugh all you want. It's small. It's "mini" if you will. But it's a blast, and it's right out my back door. Everything is scaled down and just right for "big guy on 80" riding.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Nice. I had a few bikes over the years, but now living in "suburban" Florida, I've been thinking about getting a pocket bike to cruise around the neighborhood!

80's can be a lot of fun actually. Quite a difference from a 250!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Yep. As long as you don't expect it to be like a 250. And you just enjoy it for what it is. It's a blast. Kinda like a jet ski on the dirt.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 PM

No backflip??? Ok. I had a little honda growing up. Loved it. I wish I had a track like that.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM

I love telling the story about the day my step-dad decided to skip work one day, get drunk with his buddies, and go off jumps on that track at one of the guy's house.

It basically ends with a compound fracture in his leg, about 14 surgeries, about 3 inches of bone missing, and he didn't even get a cast until about a year and a half after the accident. And then when he got his cast, he decided to go 4 wheeling in West Virginia and broke his good foot hitting a tree stump with it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My kids HAVE a Honda growing up. But no interest in riding it. Go figure.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 06:31 AM

Looks cool. Bet it's a fun release if you've had a stressful day
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Sold the 80, getting a new Honda CRF150R. Although, I could have bought a few Jems for the same price.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 PM

^Nice upgrade! The CRF's are really nice!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
^Nice upgrade! The CRF's are really nice!

There is CRFXXXF and CRFXXXR. The difference is, the F is really a trail friendly bike (like my CRF80F), and the R is a race bike. I could have saved some money and got the F, but it's heavier, shorter suspension travel, and not as fast as the R. I decided it was best to just spend the money and get the R and instead of having a regret about it. I used to race a little motocross a few years ago an a KX250. So I certainly realize that this is not a full sized race bike. But it's perfect for my own track. From garage to track is about 100ft. From track to tasty beverage when it's hot, 100ft. From point from break down to garage if I have to push the bike. 100ft. Cost of transportation to the nearest motocross track complete with berms and doubles. $0 Ahhh.

Quote:
The revolutionary CRF150R and big-wheel CRF150RB are the world's first high-performance four-stroke mini racers. They feature Unicam engines, race-ready suspension and track-designed chassis for ground-breaking performance. No wonder Dirt Rider magazine picked the CRF150R as its Bike of the Year, the first time in history a minibike captured this coveted award.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 PM

I saw those pics and the one thing that stuck out to me was the chocolate lab I have one, and they are great dogs!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Dude,
I gave up, everywhere to ride around here is either 2.5 hr drive, or you get hassled.
I still refuse to get rid of my '06 KTM450SMR. I was racing Supermoto with but bailed cause the cost and traveling just aren't worth it anymore. TAG IT? hmmm
Thats the only way I'm getting another dirtbike is if I can ride @ my place.
Get about 4 or 5 crazies out there with wider berms and jumps so you can throw elbows and your track would be awesome its actually looking killer now.
From the Harrisburg East turnpike exit to the Lebanon turnpike exit there is now 4 nice looking tracks people have in there back yard. There is one that looks VERY mini friendly, he's even got most of it lined with banners and tuffblocks.
You or anyone else around into Jamming? Don't have alot of people around, and I'm not from this area. thought I'd ask

nice playground
D
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Don't know if this is any new information for ya.
http://www.wheretomx.com/motocross-t...ss-tracks.html

http://www.motoclicks.com/tracks/Pennsylvania

My brand new bike! Yay!

Jamming sounds like fun. I'm not all that great though. Let me warm up to this bike, maybe we can hook up and go to Dublin Gap

http://www.youtube.com/mrdarinwarren
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIFF View Post
Dude,
I gave up, everywhere to ride around here is either 2.5 hr drive, or you get hassled.
I still refuse to get rid of my '06 KTM450SMR. I was racing Supermoto with but bailed cause the cost and traveling just aren't worth it anymore. TAG IT? hmmm
Thats the only way I'm getting another dirtbike is if I can ride @ my place.
Get about 4 or 5 crazies out there with wider berms and jumps so you can throw elbows and your track would be awesome its actually looking killer now.
From the Harrisburg East turnpike exit to the Lebanon turnpike exit there is now 4 nice looking tracks people have in there back yard. There is one that looks VERY mini friendly, he's even got most of it lined with banners and tuffblocks.
You or anyone else around into Jamming? Don't have alot of people around, and I'm not from this area. thought I'd ask

nice playground
D
There are some places to ride that may not need you to join a club. I'm looking into it. It would be great to hook up and go to a track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode