poor thing had a stroke... - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

poor thing had a stroke...

my cat i had since i was 7 or so a couple years before middle school, finally had a stroke this morning and can barely walk...my mom is carrying her to and from the litter box, but i think shes in pain and my mom wont take her to the vet. the cat is 21 years old, and its sad......ive had her forever, and if she is in pain id rather let her go now than let her suffer...anyone else had any old cats and know how to tell if they are in pain

the cat is a fighter, she would even a couple years ago, chase off foxes and little bobcats....what a mean little kitty she is

sad, ill miss her its been a long time

is 21+ years for a cat a long time??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:43 PM

Re: poor thing had a stroke...

at 21 that cat should have got a telegram from the queen...
im not trying to be mean here but I have cats also, I wont see them suffer and I would have said my goodbyes and visited the vet by now.

my cats never seem to get old but they get run by cars over and allsorts so I cant tell you about old cats, but you know your cat.....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

my folks had a cat that lived till it was 18.in the end the poor thing wasnt eating hardly moved,so they took it to the vets to be put to sleep,and burried him in the garden.(:
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 PM

It's definately time.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

you know what id rather do that then see her in pain, but my mom is like trippin on it, thinks the cat is going to magicaly recover, like my dad did when he had a stroke...but i dont think a 21 year old cat is as resiliant as a human being at 50..but im not doctor or a vet

i have like 4 other cats that we got in the last few years...w hod like 3 we just lost to crazy cars or just bobcat attacks or whatever, i mean we never found em.

and we have a few cute cats so i wont be trippin, i just had her since i can remember and i dont want her to be in pain
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losgatosrg350dx View Post
is 21+ years for a cat a long time??
Yes..

Alwin
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM

21 is very old for a cat.I think you should let her go.It's sad but the best thing
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdubious View Post
21 is very old for a cat.I think you should let her go.It's sad but the best thing

I agree, 21 years old is very, very old for a cat. If she's been healthy all these years you did very well by her.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM

Sounds like it is time to let her go with dignity. It's always tragic to lose a pet, and you have my complete sympathies, but she's done more than her fair share of years.

But, none of us here are vets (as far as I know) so first step should be a trip to see one. How do you even know it's a stroke? There may be life in her yet, but you obviously care a lot for her, so don't let her continue in that state.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 AM

My kitties/my babies are 12 now, and I dread the day I have to say goodbye, but I would rather not watch them suffer either.
I know it must be tough , but I would say at 21 and given the circumstances its time to say goodbye. Best of luck.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

i had to euthanize her today she had a blood clott that went o her spine and it would be relatively close to nothing that she would survive without damge to her insides or whatever

anyways, i had to hold her while the life slowly left her

shred on kitty
shred on
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 06:04 AM

That is a bummer, but at least she isn't suffering anymore. Shred on indeed!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 01:07 AM

Wow 21 years ? That's a crazy amount of time , previous to that longest I've heard of was 18 years which was still pretty old .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode