Popular South/Central American TV shows - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
dex

Popular South/Central American TV shows

Question mainly for people based around the Southern USA/Mexico or people who can help.
I'm after a list of really popular Spanish language TV shows that are popular enough to be on DVD and also to have English subtitles on them

I'm trying to brush up on my Spanish in a fun non-study way and I'm struggling to find any really popular TV shows.
Obviously novelas are out of the question as they won't be on DVD, I'm more into the Mexican or Argentinian version of a cop show or a hospital based show or possibly a sitcom but has to be something that is available on DVD.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9KGX...eature=related

but want more variety and really don't want to be watching it on youtube so if someone can give me a few suggestions and also point me to a website like this one but with Spanish language dvds that'll be great.

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Cam...22&cid=7706621
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Re: Popular South/Central American TV shows

that blonde has nice hair
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 PM

Sabado Gigante?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
dex

I'm more after the Mexican version of ER or Alias or Dexter (24, JAG, West Wing, Sopranos) that sort of thing.
There must be some sort of popular TV shows that are good enough to be exported to non-spanish speaking countries.

I managed to find an italian TV show that is available with subs - La Piovra but really want to find a spanish one.
Anyone from Texas/Florida/California or indeed Central or South America have any idea?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_piovra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode