Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Post Pictures of Your PETS :)

14K views 143 replies 55 participants last post by  damo7v 
#1 ·
Here is my babys

Santana 149lb Cane Corso
and
Lilly 65lb Boxer..

Love these some of a b#^@h's to death :)

See less See more
#6 ·
this is juneau, my 120lb alaskan malamute. he's totally my best buddy:

he actually likes to sleep in the snow - won't come inside:

juneau with my 4 week old daughter. the difference between 10 pounds and 120 pounds:

and finally here he is with the guy that feeds him and tries to make him do tricks:

#9 ·
Mylo said:
Damo you dog is awesome! Just out of curiosity (because I've always wanted one lol) do malamutes get one with other dogs, and what kinda temperatures are they most comfortable in? Yours is so cute, very nice patterns of colour in the fur!

~M
they get on with some dogs. when they don't it is not a pretty sight. they are very much a pack animal and are only happy when they know their place in that pack. the first thing they do on meeting anyone new (human or canine) is try to establish dominance. that can be anything as simple as eye contact through to (very rarely) fighting. if the other dog submits, they'll get on great. because it can vary so much, i had to stop taking him to the off-leash dog park. just in case.

i bought juneau in sydney australia from a show breeder. his dogs regularly saw >40 degrees celsius in the summertime. from my experience, juneau is happiest in the winter. he enjoys being outside in the snow until it gets down to about -20c or so. then he goes outside to do his thang and comes straight back in.

#14 ·
damo7v said:
you have a chipmunk! that is the coolest!
Why thank you. I love chipmunks. Generally very friendly and cute but get real moody just before hibernation. She tends to assume i'm always after her food and shreds my fingers if i come within 3 feet. Got some turtles too.

But you have a Malamute and they are seriously cool dogs abd very unusual in Japan. Very handsome amd refined. If we had the space, our 2nd dog would be a toss up between a malamute, german shepherd, siberian husky or an Akita. Sadly no space so it's probably gonna be a Shiba ken.

I've noticed dogs are a popular pet around here.

#18 ·
Here is Archie...........A Boxer.
He is actually my Wife's pride and joy. I bought her the pooch, she ignores my GAS!!!!! :p

The old boy is Monty, the last of 4x Jack Russell's i have had.....hes 13yo

We have two cats too....Floyd and Biscuit but i cannot hell as like get em to sit for a picture lol

#25 ·
Hey JEMMER777,

That cat of yours looks really cool, after you mentioned it I can kinda see the bobcat in it. Is it tame cat or is it always dropping off dead birds and stuff on your doorstep? It is fascinating to see that a bobcat and a regular cat can reproduce, my grandpa used to have this really big black dog and he always told me that it was half bear; of course everyone I told the story to told me that it was impossible, I guess you had to see and pet the dog for yourself to get a feel for him, it was definetely a unique animal whatever it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.