Prince Harry. What do ya think. - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Prince Harry. What do ya think.

I don't know much about the whole royal family thing. I never was interested in the Diana thing. Not even a teeny bit. And I don't watch TV. So I'm just getting info from news sites. But this whole Prince Harry going to the front lines thing is very interesting. I'm thinking it could go a couple ways. He'll get there. The enemy gets all excited and 'blitzes' all British forces and takes him out. HUGE win for the enemy. Harry goes over there, kick royal a#$ and comes home the biggest hero ever. I don't think he'll be seen as a coward. He seems pretty into this and I don't think he'll turn tail and run. Either way, if he lives through this, he'll be on the list of huge political future leaders. Plus, not that being a 'prince' wasn't enough. He'll have his pick of SERIOUS top shelf babes.

It just seems like too much cool stuff needs to go right for this all to end well. I don't think I'd put money on a happy ending.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:04 PM

Re: Prince Harry. What do ya think.

He's already being shipped home as I write this. This story hit the world a couple days ago and The Family caugh wind and ordered him home IMMEDIATELY.

Kudos for his effort to try and be a part of the normal population and help out. That speaks volumes.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

As seen on:
http://www.drudgereport.com
Quote:
HARRY DETERMINED TO RETURN TO THE FRONTLINES...
Just today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...nharry2629.xml
Referring to this story.....

Quote:
Taliban insurgents have threatened to step up attacks on British forces after the news broke of Prince Harry's secret deployment in the war zone.

A Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that his presence in Helmand Province meant that the Royal Family had joined in the "aggression against Muslims".

"Prince Harry's presence in Afghanistan encourages our fighters to launch more attacks on British forces. We think Prince Harry has been sent to Afghanistan only to boost the sagging morale of the British forces which are in serious trouble. For us he is just part of occupation forces. Instead of killing innocent people, the Prince should try to influence the British government to withdraw troops from Afghanistan."
Quote:
Despite the risks Prince Harry is anxious to return to Afghanistan as he had completed only 10 weeks of his 14 week tour of duty
Volumes brother.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM

It just says that he wants to return (will be discussed) but that isn't saying he will be allowed to. If he returned to the Mid East, hopefully we won't know about it so it isn't leaked AGAIN and even more potential harm could become of him and his troops.

I respect his desire to be a part of things just like the average Joe, but at the same time he is destined to be King so it is kinda thoughtless to throw that away and put himself and many others in even more harms way, which is what is happening by him being there.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:28 PM

For me out Royal Family have put their money where their mouth is....
having the luxury of keeping their son from danger but letting him go anyway!!
yes, speaks volumes, as does the way it was handled - dont let you left hand know what your right is doing..... they kept it secret - and im sure that it would have stayed that way for a long time if not for the leak.

Harry has always been a proper bloke and his royal status seems to sit awkwardly with him....
I see him as the kind of fella you wouldnt mind having watch your back....
bravo to Harry and God bless him and the rest of his family...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post

Volumes brother.
I still don't see where it says, "He will go back". It said he still has 4 weeks left but that doesn't mean he is going back. Like I said before, it would be irresponsible for us to know if he did go back to the front lines so most likely we won't know for sure anytime soon.

I think Jaden has some good things to say about Harry. I feel the same way about him from what little I've read and heard, stand up guy that feels awkward with the title and role he was born into.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:55 PM

I respect him for his service to his country and his dedication to his troops. I could give a mouse fart about him be "royality". My UK friends please don't take offense by that statment as there is none intended. I rarely say that.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned

How can they NOT let him? I'm not sure who you are referring to doing the letting.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Harry have my RESPECT....

He is not a puzzy and are not afraid of being killed down there....

How many royal have done what he just did??????
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post

His uncle, Prince Andrew (Charles' younger brother) served many years in the Royal Air Force and fought in the Falklands War.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
His uncle, Prince Andrew (Charles' younger brother) served many years in the Royal Air Force and fought in the Falklands War.
Falklands... what was there to fight, though, really, sheep?

I have mixed feelings about the news, not his service, anyone who puts on the uniform and goes abroad for his country, they have my respect.

The news people are like spies with no allegiance.
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 09:41 PM

Prince William was Diana's first born and is heir to the throne, after their father Prince Charles.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glados View Post

All of them? Have you forgotten his uncle flying helicopters in the Falklands? All of the Royal family seem to do their part, and I think that's very admirable.

Also, at least over here they are reporting that all of the British press were aware of his shipping to out on Christmas Eve and kept the secret. It was evidently a German newspaper that reported it first, and then Drudge and some Australian outfit (I didn't hear if it was a magazine, newspaper, or website or what) immediately thereafter. So, kudos to the British press for keeping it under wraps, and shame on those who would put so many lives in danger for a story.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
shame on those who would put so many lives in danger for a story.
Amen, most modern press follow the saying "if it bleeds it leads." There is so much good in the world that goes unreported.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Falklands... what was there to fight, though, really, sheep?
are you mad ? you need to check your history http://www.raf.mod.uk/falklands/battles.html

thats like saying that the only thing to fight in Afghanistan is sand...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to make a prince cloud guitar
prince rare cloud

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode