Private auction site?? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Private auction site??

Just wondering if there is any such thing. I've been thinking about this for a little while now. Is there a place to hold a private, online auction that is only open to members here or other respected sites like SS.org?? If not, what would be involved in starting up such a site. I have NO web hosting experience, and have no idea what the legal ramifications would be, but from a players perspective I think it would be a great option for us all.

Last night I missed out on Severinsteelsmiths RG770 by mere minutes. Had it been an auction, maybe I would have had a better chance.

Please give your thoughts, opinions, or experience in this kind of thing..... I think most of us would like to know.
Ryc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Re: Private auction site??

His offer was a BIN with a great price. Same thing would have happened if it had been on Ebay. Day late and dollar short m8.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Reviews: 1

Auction sites focus on transactions for the highest dollar - Jemsite focuses on the sharing of in-depth information on Ibanez guitars where members can learn and share info- and has become the largest and most successful site on the planet for these guitars.

The classified ads here regularly offer 'Jemsite-family' deals, but you have to visit regularly to catch them. I haven't heard any talk of considering auctions.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
Auction sites focus on transactions for the highest dollar - Jemsite focuses on the sharing of in-depth information on Ibanez guitars where members can learn and share info- and has become the largest and most successful site on the planet for these guitars.

The classified ads here regularly offer 'Jemsite-family' deals, but you have to visit regularly to catch them. I haven't heard any talk of considering auctions.
I know, and I would never propose an idea that would hurt Jemsite in any way. I personally am proud to be a member here and greatly enjoy the sharing of ideas and info in the manner that we do.

That's why any auction site, whether affiliated with Jemsite or not, would have to be exclusive to members only. I don't have any idea on how to keep riff-raff out, but I am sure that it can be done.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
His offer was a BIN with a great price. Same thing would have happened if it had been on Ebay. Day late and dollar short m8.
Agreed!! thats my usual M.O..............lol

Tags
auctions , jemsite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode