Problem With seller (*bay) What Can I do??? - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Problem With seller (*bay) What Can I do???

I bought 3 CD's awhile back, the seller was In UK but he wanted paying in US dollars, anyways i requested a total and a name for where i had to send the cheque to, but he never answered, i sent him a few messages and he went two months with no reply. So now, still no answer, the seller has opened 3 unpaid item disputes and depsite the fact i said i would pay as long as he sent me his name and address but he still won't answer. I am now facing 3 strikes in a row and long suspension from the bay, what the hell am i supposed to do??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:49 AM

Re: Problem With seller (*bay) What Can I do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion_and_Warfare View Post
I bought 3 CD's awhile back, the seller was In UK but he wanted paying in US dollars, anyways i requested a total and a name for where i had to send the cheque to, but he never answered, i sent him a few messages and he went two months with no reply. So now, still no answer, the seller has opened 3 unpaid item disputes and depsite the fact i said i would pay as long as he sent me his name and address but he still won't answer. I am now facing 3 strikes in a row and long suspension from the bay, what the hell am i supposed to do??????
Was the cheque in UK pounds?

Conatct **** customer support.

Stop the UK cheque and send him US dollars as requested.

What's his feedaback like?

Has he just stopped answering your questions and possibly thinks you're a time waster?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

I could not send the cheque because he would not give me an answer for where to send the cheque and what name i should make out to, and that's the problem he just will not answer me or reason, i have 130 feedback with a rating 99.3% why would he think i was a time waster?

As for help from the Bay, well they keep sending me stupid generated emails, which just don't help at all.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 AM

Cool, but just to clarify, is it pounds or dollars you are going to send him?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 AM

Reviews: 18

Did you do the transaction through paypal? Def. contact the support team at the bay and let them know exactly what's going on. Give them the check number and the date it was sent. I can't imagine someone being that pity to give you 3 strikes for cd's.

Jimmy

P.S.: What's the seller's feedback like? How many negatives has he had?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Did you do the transaction through paypal? Def. contact the support team at the bay and let them know exactly what's going on. Give them the check number and the date it was sent. I can't imagine someone being that pity to give you 3 strikes for cd's.

Jimmy

P.S.: What's the seller's feedback like? How many negatives has he had?
As I understand it the cheque has not been sent because the seller is not returning emails asking what the address is.

What I don't get is why did he want US dollars yet he is OK with a Pound Sterling cheque?

Last edited by Batchimp RG; 03-27-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
As I understand it the cheque has not been sent because the seller is not returning emails asking what the address is.

What I don't get is why did he want US dollars yet he is OK with a Pound Sterling cheque?

yeh and why does it cost $7.99 to ship the cds to canada, and $9 to ship in the uk????? i also worked out that delivery for the CD's would nearly $27(11)
Apparently his location is Basingstoke, UK.

Nitro_music this is his user name, the past year he has had aound 212 negatives, tho there has been alot if positives, but i can see that some are repetitive.

I'm afraid now that if i send the cheque i will never see the CD's and any of money again.

Oh yeh, he wants the cheque in US dollars.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 AM

How are you going to send a US $ cheque?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Thats what don't understand, he's in the UK, im in the UK, why US dollars??? I have asked him a sh*t load of times, but he's plain ignorant, I've been trying to work thing's out in the dispute, but as usual He won't reason with me or answer for that matter.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 AM

Reviews: 18

What cd's were you trying to purchase? Are they out of print? If not, then it's not really worth it IMO to go through all this hassle just for 3 cd's, explain in detail to the bay what's going on, cancel the check and buy the cd's at a store.

Jimmy

P.S.: what are the auction numbers?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 AM

I'd say keep up the dispute with 3bay but don't let that f#cker give you bad feedback, it's not worth it.

Just go with what he wants, apologise if you need to but don't come out of this any worse than you already have...ie with a negative feedback to your name. That's what I would do anyway.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

P.S.: what are the auction numbers?[/QUOTE]

I agree, i have told him if he can send an address i will send a cheque, if not send me another invoice and i will pay via paypal and at least if i use paypal i will get most of my money back if he rips me off.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 09:36 AM

nitro_music.... I think they've ripped me off before. I paid for a CD that I never received, and then later on I accidently bought a CD from them again (I was in such a frenzy to find the CD I wasn't paying attention to the seller name), which I actually received that time around. The seller is supposedly from the UK, but the package was postmarked from Russia (and the outer stickers on the jewel case were in Russian). Weird.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
dex

Request an invoice through evilbay and pay by paypal.

I hate people who register here but are selling from other countries.
I bought sticks of RAM about a year ago form a UK registerred seller and after I paid and waited for 2 weeks I went back to the auction and with teeny tiny letters at the bottom of the auction it said "Please allow 14 working days for delivery, item dispatched from Taiwan"

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 PM

I thought I recognised the name nitro-music.

I bought off him in Nov 06.

I bought Reb Beach - Masquerade. He was based in the US, I paid by Paypal and the CD arrived from Russia.

I thought it was strange at the time but the CD arrived within about a week so I was happy.

Good luck ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode