Problems with Barnes And Noble! - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Angry Problems with Barnes And Noble!

Goddamn it, I am extremely angry at those stupid fellas.

I have placed an order (CDs all) 3-4 days ago through their website to be shipped to Turkey. I have chosen send everything together option and International Priority Airmail as shipping options.

First I saw that my order is split into two shipments without my consent and I am paying extra for that. I write to them about this and get a stupid/copy-pasted answer that tells me nothing about my problem. I say OK, it's only 8 dollars and I'll have my order quicker.

I login and go to my order details page and see that the first part has shipped and there is a tracking number written there. I learn that they use a company called Brokers World Wide that have absolutely no way to track a shipment on their site. So I write about this to B&N and I just got an answer to it. The stupid company tells me that my order was shipped via International Air Mail and that I could expect the order in 7-21 days and that they did not offer tracking service for that shipping option. I am infuriated and I've written another reply to them asking to be refunded or getting everything back in order.

Is there any advice someone could give? The order cost me quite much and I did not expect to be treated this way. With amazon everything was smooth but these guys had a pretty tempting offer on Complete Mozart Edition so I bought 2 (!) boxes. That amounted to 160 USD and after their f*ckin desicion to split my order 168 USD. So I can't just gulp this down...

Please give me some advice on how to handle the situation, I'm fuming over here at 6 AM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 11:59 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Problems with Barnes And Noble!

you gotta wait for the shipment... tracking # overseas is tricky at a low price... upon arrival complain and get the $ refund for the S/H. i'm sure they'll fix that with your credit card company obviously or you can do a charge back.

when you order, you need to be careful about that "do not split order" thingy at alot of vendors and double check the S/H before ordering... glen
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm, thanks for the advice Glen.

As the first part of my order has shipped already they cannot do anything about it but the second part's S/H price has changed.

I have their confirmation mails stating my choices about shipment and it can be seen there that I wanted everything to be shipped together. That happened once with amazon.com. That is they split the order but they said that there wouldn't be any additional charges...

Anyway I'll wait and see...
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:52 AM

For what it's worth, even in the US, buying CDs from bookstores like Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. is an invitation to get hosed. They charge up to $5 more than anyone else for new releases. Charging $18.99 for a CD is soooo 80's, but they only sell CD's because many older adults feel weird and unhip going to music stores- and they're ripe for the picking!

Since you're outside the US, I know you have slim pickings as far as where you can buy stuff from, but B&N's domestic prices are bad enough so you're already working uphill even if you walk into one of their stores to buy a CD.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Well, to be quite honest their prices are a lot better than amazon.com when it comes to complete mozart edition box sets. They charge 77 USD for Piano Concertos whereas amazon.com charges 96. Anyway their prices may be good but the way they hadled the order is just unacceptable.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM

Reviews: 3

Once you have your shipment, CALL (don't write) Barnes & Noble and calmly explain what went wrong. It's a lot easier to talk to the right people and get the problem resolved over the phone.

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode