PS3 sticky stuff - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

PS3 sticky stuff

I sold my Wii and my old style xbox on e b ay recently in order to get myself a PS3. However I was 50 short on the bundle I wanted so my wife said she'd put the rest towards it as my christmas present. I went and got it 2 days ago but as expected my Wife said "you can't have it until chrismas day". Now I've got a lot of people to visit on the day itself so this leaves little to no time for trying out my new toy. I just want to thank Sony for making the sticky tape on the box resealable. It doesn't tear any of the box and you can put it back to make it look like it hasn't been opened.

Needless to say I'm going to be having a slightly early christmas tonight.

Eggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

Re: PS3 sticky stuff

you're sooo getting caught!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

nah, it should be fine. The missus is going out for a drink with the girls tonight (although she can't have alchohol cos she's pregnant). She'll be out from 7:30 until at least 10:30 and she'll probably phone me on the way home to see if I want a pizza bringing back.

All misions have an element of risk. I'm not going to lie to you, this is a risky mission but if we can pull it off the rewards are there for the taking
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 10:23 AM

Good luck. I can just imagine the "mission impossible" theme music playing in the background while you're opening the box.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE - Call of Duty 4 and Uncharted are awsome !!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Fellow PS3 owner here, great piece of kit. I'm mainly using it for Blu Ray play back at the moment, and my 360 for games.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM

Nice man ! Sure you had fun.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
UPDATE - Call of Duty 4 and Uncharted are awsome !!!
If only!!!! Too expensive for me at the moment...maybe one day...
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM

A PS3 might be on the cards for me soon. We should all post the gamer tags for playing online
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmaman View Post
A PS3 might be on the cards for me soon. We should all post the gamer tags for playing online
PS3 is a great machine. Gamer tags? It would make a great thread.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:37 PM

I've got a PS3 but no games really, nothing takes my fancy. So like Gary I use it for Blu-ray.

Tons of games for the 360 however
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 01:47 AM

Well...

Didja get caught?
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Selling the Wii was a stupid move. Hands down the best console currently available. The only one we (kids and adults) regularly play. That said, PS3 (which I also have) has its own benefits. I mainly use it as a Blu-Ray player. There aren't any games to speak of, still.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Selling the Wii was a stupid move. Hands down the best console currently available. The only one we (kids and adults) regularly play. That said, PS3 (which I also have) has its own benefits. I mainly use it as a Blu-Ray player. There aren't any games to speak of, still.
Saying its a stupid move based purely on your own opinion of the unit is pretty, well *******ish. The guy felt great about the descisions he made, it just bothers me some people have to complain or spout their self-centered ideals and illegitimately rain on others parade.

I mean, damn, if he overpayed 2k for a guitar or something, maybe you could warrant calling him stupid.

Anyhow, PS3's are awesome bro; but make sure if you get caught, you play it off somehow
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdmitry View Post
Stupid move? or just a stupid uninformed comment ?

Having never met me I find it suprising that you feel you are in position to advise me on something like this. I bought my Wii last year for 179, played it for about three months and shelved it. It lay in it's box along with that awful Wario game until 2 weeks ago when I sold it in the christmas rush for 250.

I play Airsoft so I own most of the guns featured in Call of Duty 4 (Mp5, M4A1, USP, Glock etc ) so I had a lot of fun with that game. I only had a short go on Uncharted but it was fun. I am a massive Gran Turismo fan so I'll be creating my Japanese account and downloading GT5 Prologue asap. I wont be using it to watch films much as I tend to watch films in bed on my lap top if I'm in the mood for a movie (I actualy prefer the cinema).

I'm not going to argue the virtue of one games console over another because frankly I don't give enough of a rats ass to get into all that but what I will say is this. Far too many people come onto this board and make sweeping generalisations or hand out their opinion like it should be taken as gospel. The amount of ragging on other peoples stuff is what made me have a year long break from posting up here in the first place. I come back to find it hasn't improved at all. If anything it's got worse. What has happened however is that I've since learnt that people like you give your opinions and advice away so freely because it's value is just that.....Worthless.

Eggy

PS I didn't get caught (providing I she doesn't read this)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode