Rangers knock off Devils =) (NHL Play offs) - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Rangers knock off Devils =) (NHL Play offs)

Glen,

I know your a debbies fan. But Broduer not shaking Avery's hand? C'mon. I know you probably have ill feelings towards Avery, but he's exactly the player Claude Lemeiux was for you guys back in the day. Marty is a diver and a whiner. Was a world class goaltender and will unfortunately break Roy's records, but he's proved himself beatable. Monster stats through out his career, but he did face about 12-15 shots a night, from the outside during the Hook n Hold Era of hockey that devils created. I have always said, and will always say, Patrick Roy > Marty Broduer.

The post season has been pretty entertaining thus far. I'm not looking forward to playing "Cindy" Crosby and the darlings of the NHL. I've never seen a team get more BS calls in their favor then the Pens.

I see the cup coming going to the west though,

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Rangers knock off Devils =) (NHL Play offs)

Thoughts... i lost alot of interest in the NHL post-strike.

Avery is a complete imbecile who embarrassed the NHL & especially the NYRags. Thankfully the league put an end to that nonsense quick. But Marty needs to shake hands either way... be a bigger person.

Marty is very good but totally overplayed... 75 starts year after year and he's worn down EVERY playoff run. Has NEVER stolen a playoff series going back to his first in 1993 (choking again to the Rags blowing a lead at home game6 to close out the series). Not one series. He helped win a few (3 cups obviously) but never stole a series by standing on his head. Roy was unstable - a punk - but had more fire and did steal some series. He just was up and down. Game 7 i'd take Roy every time. For a 15 year career i'd take Marty. But that's splitting hairs and not important.

I blame Lou, his revolving parade of coaches and Sutter. Marty needs to play 60 games and that's it. he's a player, not the coach or trainer. STFU and play. And handle your personal life better. he sure didn't need to start banging his ex-sister in law after a messy divorce (of a ill-advised highschool sweetheart marriage. LOL).

Personally speaking i'd trade him and rebuild. Some club will wildly overpay for a 2-3 year chance with him to get a cup. We were a dysfunctional unit all year basically (lost two all-stars gomez & rafalski, neidermayer the year before, stevens, dano... alot of losses with no replacements.) The Rags had our number all year - but you guys are a .500 club going nowhere fast... glen
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 05:21 PM

As long as dicktroit loses and hopefully Chelios gets decapitated on the ice, Im happy.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned

How are the Rangers a .500 club?

They owned their competition in the Eastern conference for a better part of the year.

Between adding two big market free agents and dressing 4 rookies every night, the team just needed some time to click, which they did down the stretch.

Their record was BRUTAL against the western conference, but if you look at how they faired against their division, it was nearly a .750. They went 7-0-1 against the Debbies, 6-1-1 against the flyers, 3-1 against Montreal, I don't remember the exact record against the Pens, but I believe they broke even, etc. etc.

They have a solid team. One of the top 5 keepers in the league in Lundqvist, Three solid centers in Gomez, Drury and Dubinsky, a motivated Jagr who is still an elite player in this game.

The defense, though devoid of an All Star calliber, big name D-man is still solid, as the stats will show. I believe the Rangers were in the top three in goals against this year, which speaks volumes for their goaltender and their defensive core.

They nearly had 100 points this year and the offense was snake bitten for most of the year. If the NHL's love fest with Cindy Crosby doesn't prevent it, the Rangers could easily represent the East in the SC Finals.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Personally, i'm quite surprised that the wild lost to the Av's (im from minnesota ) But then again jose theodore=unstoppable. In game 5 we (wild) beat the sh*t out of the av's, and got a billion shots on goal, but he's a brick house.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
site founder 0% owner

LETS GO RANGAZ

(anyone still think they're not a .500 club)

... glen
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 02:54 PM
site founder 0% owner

PS - Karma is a bitch... adding injury to insult ...glen

New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 02:55 PM

I don't mind the Rangers team or players per se, but Rangers fans are the absolute biggest whiners alive. I can't imagine there's another team in any sport anywhere with fans that yap as incessantly as Rangers fans. Maybe the Red Sox If you show me a guy who roots for both the Rangers and the Red Sox, I'll show you a guy worth ignoring
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
site founder 0% owner

i mind Avery he's one of the handfull of true jacka$$es infiltrating the NHL.

in general the Rags fans (under age 50) are quite pathetic... they're like misplaced Philly fans. Angry and clueless. Some of the old time ranger fans are good people.. well versed in hockey too! ... glen
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM

Avery is a clod I always liked Richter and Leetch though, and I've always thought Jagr was one of the absolute all time elite few.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
PS - Karma is a bitch... adding injury to insult ...glen

New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
If you're actually happy about some one getting injured like that, you truly are a dick. That's no better then the Philly fans that cheered as Michael Irving lay paralyzed on the field.

Sports rivalries aside, you should never be happy to see a guy seriously hurt. The guy is still laying in intensive care, for christ's sake.

Last edited by IbanezPrestigeBoy; 05-01-2008 at 08:28 PM.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

When you break down each game, there's no reason why we (The Rangers) couldn't be leading this series 3-0. Blowing oppurtunity after oppurtunity. We truly deserve to lose this series with the MINDLESS plays, the open nets we choked on and the horrid PP.

The special teams has been the difference, for both team. The Rangers power play is horrendous and the Penguins PP is just to dangerous.

When you have guys like Malkin, Crosby and Hossa on the ice together for long periods of time, you're jsut asking for trouble.

The Rangers didn't show up in this series.

And I find it funny when people talk about "Rags" fans. Considering the Islanders and Devils statistically have a horrid fan base (Islanders had the worst attendance in the NHL this year, the Debbies weren't far behind) The Devils can only sell out their brand spanking new Arena when the Rangers play in it. Same for the Islanders.

In fact, in the Anaheim/Debbies SC series, a friend of mine was able to walk up to the box office for two of the games and buy tickets to the Stanley Cup finals. That's disgusting and any one who's a fan of that team should be embrassed.

Most Devils and Isles fans would rather see the Rangers lose then their team win. It's pathethic.

I'm not ashamed of this team. They have a deep farm system and will have the right mix of youth and veterans next year, along with a very solid goaltender. Should be a good year. Unfortunately, they don't have the experience and ability to play like a true contender, as seen with all the mindless mistakes they made in this series. The future looks bright for this team. If you think this is the same team of 8 years ago that just went out and mindlessly signed FA's, then you are mistaken.

And I bet you haven't watched a period of Rangers hockey this year, yet you make such biased comments.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
site founder 0% owner

most devils fans are celebrating 15 years of excellence and 3 cups (since your 1940 and 1993 blips on the radar). i don't really concern myself with teams playing at the garden... never have, never will.

gotta love it when a fan reduces him/herself to "my team sells more tix" blabber. forgetting the arena has a few dozen trains & busses arriving there each hour.

funny how you surface on the one game the Rags will win this series (which many blow-hard fans thought they'd win 4-1 ROTF). they aren't leading 3-0 cause they're a mediocre team. .. glen
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Glen,

You're the won who started talking about fan bases, so get off your high horse. And I believe the PATH train stops across the street from the CRock, so what's the excuse now? No one cares about that **** team, from a **** state.

You're three cups came in the clutch and grab era of hockey which single handedly set hockey back 25 years. It killed the game, which killed the fanbase and hurt the sport. I will say that the devils had a system that they executed to perfection, but how could you enjoy watching those games? The SC Finals featuring the Debbies were among the lowest viewed in SC Finals history.

And have you even watched these games? They've been close games thus far, much closer then the 3-1 series number would indicate.

BTW, check the time of my posts... The were in the first period of the game when the game was still scoreless. I had just responded to your post from yesterday. So cut the ****.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
site founder 0% owner

blah. you expect a final with a team from north NJ (many in south jersey are philly fans) and anaheim ca (the meca of hockey right) to have great ratings?

who cares anyways (except disgruntled, jealous fans of other teams).

clutch & grab.. lol you probably liked watching pavel bure dive to the ice.

it's sad when your season (and decade) rests on beating the devils (another mediocre team this year) in a series but hey.... that is what fans of the orginal-6's worst team have been reduced to ...glen

Tags
guitar playing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode