Records - Jemsite
Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Records

Having bought a new record player today, i forgot how cool these guys sound. so nice and warm and no way as sterile as cd's. now im only 21 but i feel tapes and cds were more what i was used to. how many of you still listen tor records and why?

ps just chucked on flexible and forgot how funny it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Re: Records

just bought a qotsa single on lp, it was half the price of the cd aswell.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 06:30 AM

Haven't played them for years!!

Trouble is, no matter how careful you are they always seem prone to acquiring scratches!! Now....sod's law dictates that this never happens to records you aren't particularly bothered about but only ever seems to happen at the worst possible place on your favourite track

I have the old Talas lp and right in NV43345 theres one, and i always treated my records with the utmost care!!!

I also have a copy of Flying in a Blue Dream that was played SO many times it now sounds like there is some-one with a frying pan full of bacon sizzling away in the background

I would also guess it's hard to find much stuff now??
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

well there are loads of record shops near me. lots of old school rock dinosaurs around ( no offense - you guys rock) i put on jimi this morning and i felt like i was in the 60's mannnnnnnnn
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 02:25 PM
HSH

Is that Technics turntable in the MF catalog any good? I've got a old Scott pos, no counterweight on the tone arm, and might need to eventually get a new turntable. Any suggestions? Oh, and I don't want to spend too much $.

I love LPs. I think they sound great, and you can find bargains at garage sales. 100 albums for $20, crate included. First 5 or 6 AC/DC albums, Max Webster, early VH, a LOT of stuff. Plus, I love the big artwork. I've framed some of my albums and hung them on the wall!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

i got one of these for £75 http://www.numark.com/index.html?htt...overview&n=107
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 AM

We still have "vinyl parties" once in a while. When I was a teen metalhead (way back in the 80's! ) vinyl was it - or cassette. I still have tons of records but they mostly sit in storage or hang on the wall. I do miss the big album covers. I've found record wall frames for $5.00 and hung many of my mint albums on the wall.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectjem View Post
Wish I could get one of these for that price! http://www.needledoctor.com/Sota-Mil...2&category=574
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 PM

Or maybe one of these http://www.teresaudio.com/certus/

Model 460 with matching Gibralter stand - $23,000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what instrument records first

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode